Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #1

Kizzy is at the vet

Morning all ......... sat up in bed to drink my tea this morning and have my usual cuddle with Kizzy and the poor girl was having difficulty walking up the bed, was having trouble putting weight on her back nearside foot. She did make it up to me eventually and we had our cuddle but I knew she wasn't right.

Phoned the vet and managed to get her in for an exam at 9.30. Imagine my surprise when we got her up on the table and rolled over - there was a nasty bleeding cut on the inside of her leg! So she has been kept in to have it looked at under sedation and to have it stitched.

I'd thought I was being a silly worrywort and over-reacting but I am so glad I took her straight in.

Please send healing vibes for darling Kizzy and calming vibes for her anxious mum.

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #2

Re: Kizzy is at the vet

Just had a phone call ...... Kizzy is coming round after her little op. On closer examination, it seems more like a cat bite and they have only put in 1 stitch as it needs to be able to let any infection out. The wound has been cleaned out and Kizzy has anti-biotics and painkillers. I can go and pick her up after 3.00pm. Poor sweetheart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #3

Poor Kizzy- hope she is on the mend soon. Gentle chin tickles and healing vibes from me and my lot.

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #4

Kizzy is home with a poor shaven leg. Wound looks clean, but two sided, so definitely a bite. I have shut her in our room with food, water, a litter tray and Pip who has licked her head to say *glad you are home*.

I think I know who is assailant is - we have a new grey and white cat on the block who does look lovely but I am fairly sure is a bit of a bruiser.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Kizzy is home with a poor shaven leg. Wound looks clean, but two sided, so definitely a bite. I have shut her in our room with food, water, a litter tray and Pip who has licked her head to say *glad you are home*.

I think I know who is assailant is - we have a new grey and white cat on the block who does look lovely but I am fairly sure is a bit of a bruiser.
Let the dogs out............... ..............seriously so pleased to hear she is okay its the risk you take with cats but glad Kizzy is okay..........does Pip not get involved, and have you checked him over.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
13-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #6

Hope she gets well soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
13-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #7

aww poor kizzy! hope shes feeling better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #8

Awwww chinny tickles for my brave girl Kizzy, now Pandora and Kiz can compare scars
Feel for you though Angie, it's frightening to find our baby hurt and we worry when they are under GA. All the better to spoil her now though xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

aww hope she is ok angie, chin tickles from me and my lot xx

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. Kizzy did take a while to settle. OH thought she would be better in our room, so moved food and litter tray in there. She tried to eat and upchucked, understandably because of the anaesthetic. Cleaned that up and moved the food and litter tray back into the cats' room, rigged up a nice bed under my craft desk, with a mat and vet bed, put a row of cushions on the floor by the radiator ...... generally got the place comfy for her. Blow me down, Pip has taken over the bed and seems to have moved in!!!!

Kizzy walked around the house, very unsteady on her feet to begin with but getting stronger. I went with her. The dogs were shut in the sitting room with OH (all were asleep!). Then she decided to try eating again and kept it down. Now I know she's settled as she'd back on our bed again, under the fleece blanket. Poor lass, she's exhausted. Hopefully she will feel better in the morning.

I am extra soft when it comes to Kizzy, I know. I've been walking about cuddling her too and talking to her.

Pip is fine ........... I don't think he gets involved with "strange" cats and he has no sign of any injuries. Mind you, he is a big bloke!