Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
26-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #1

Ronnie hurt.

rang the vets this morning and hes in now. not sure on how he was hurt. bit his face on the left side is swollen. his tongue was out. there was a puncture mark (i think) he was muddy. charlie cleaned him up and ronnie came n got on the bed next to his brother. normally as soon as u touch him hes purring. but nothing. hes not not right. so they will be x-raying him. and putting him on painkillers. Been a terrible month so far. charlies mum is ill and was back in hosp. i was at the emergency docs got a kidney infection so i cant walk too well.
really hoping ronnies ok. miss my cuddle lump boy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #2

Re: Ronnie hurt.

Blinking heck that sounds like a month you would not want to repeat. I do hope he is okay maybe a cat fight or dog bite. You never really know do you.

I hope you are feeling a bit better too everything seems worse when you are below par. Best wishes to Charlies Mom too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #3

I hope he is back with you soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #4

sorry to hear about your problems.
I do hope Ronnie is sorted out soon and back home.
Best wishes to Charlies mum and to yourself, i hope you are feeling better soon.

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #5

just rang the vets and theres no fractures. but they are concerned about his eye.its swelling.(bulbus) so if that dont go down it may have to be removed. now i know cats can adapt with 1 eye missing. just worried.as u would do. and debbie a good friend of mine or as i know her as a mad cat lady.she rescues cats and re-homes them. had just brought a crate around for ronnie to reside in. because even if he dont need surgery someones staying in for a while.
now this all happened between 6 and 7-30 this morning. we live in a small turning. path out the front and a small carpark out the back.and no cars where missing. just wondering how this happened. white cat (the bully isnt out that time of the morning) someone said could he of been kicked?? anyway whoever hurt my boy just better wish i dont find out because i will swing for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #6

So sorry to hear about Ronnie. Loads of healing vibes being sent for him and for you too boys mum and Charlie's mum too. Another time you just wish they could tell you what happened to them.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #7

Poor Ronnie. I do hope he will be OK. It would be great if he could talk and tell you what has happened to him.Lots of luck that he recovers quickly and the swelling in his eye goes down.I'll keep him in my prayers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #8

Poor Ronnie, hope he's better soon and that his eye can be saved. It's such a worry I feel for you, having just been through the same with Pandora. It's frustrating when you don't know what happened to them and imagination can drive you crazy. At least like mine he had the sense/ability to get home.

Kidney infections are painful too so big hugs for you, and my prayers for Charlie's mum too.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #9

just rang the vets. his eye is ok (phew) and hes having a dislocated jaw fixed. got to ring up at 11.
im still in pain but ive got my painmeds and antibiotics. so managing at the moment. although getting dressed is a real struggle.living in leggings at the mo. easier on my tummy, and putting a sock on well that was very difficult. i cant lift my left leg up!!!
thanks for your good thoughts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #10

sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you are better soon.
I'm so pleased Ronnie is improving and that his eye is saved.
Poor boy, it's such a worry.
Can you chat to your neighbours to see if anyone knows anything ?