Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
26-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #1

Cut carpal pad

Was playing with Myszka this morning and noticed him limping after leaping for the toy. Checked him out and he's got skin missing from both carpal pads. It's new as didn't see yesterday, it doesn't smell, seems healthy colour. I've just washed in salt water, and will continue to wash/monitor and will keep him for a couple days. Do you think that's enough for now?

I think I have some old hibiscrub around from my rats, but does it go off? Is it worth getting some more? Or any other product that's good?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: Cut carpal pad

Oh dear sounds like Myszka has had a nasty scrape or burn to his pads, I think what you are doing with well diluted salt water is good for now, Hibiscrub would be a bit too strong and may sting! Is there some where he's been that could have caused a burn? it may be contact with a corrosive liquid?? If you feel it's getting worse or there is a risk of him licking I'd get him to a vet

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
26-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #3

Re: Cut carpal pad

I did consider a burn, but the rest of his pads are fine. No sign of anything. It possible something corrosive? But again no sign of damage to his fur... I can only think he was climbing something or jumping and got caught?
I'll keep up with the salt and keep a close eye on him. Thanks!