Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #11

Re: Urine sample, any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
That made me chuckle! I can't imagine what the neighbours thought!

Fortunately she went in the tray with a bit of newspaper in there. She is VERY upset with me right now, so I think I will have to bribe her into forgiving me with some dreamies!
lol, fortunately for me Jerry was a very slow moving cat in later life.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #12

Gaina had me laughing too with the image of using a flora tub!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
That made me chuckle! I can't imagine what the neighbours thought!

Fortunately she went in the tray with a bit of newspaper in there. She is VERY upset with me right now, so I think I will have to bribe her into forgiving me with some dreamies!
Does your cat go nuts for Dreamies too!? I often have to tell Billy 'No Sweets til you've eaten your dinner!'. So he goes and begs them off another family member who will relent.

Catsey Junior

09-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #14

All of them love dreamies! I used to keep them on the lower shelf of the coffee table and Smudge would knock them over onto my feet and look up at me with those big eyes trying to hypnotise me into handing them over! They now have to be shut away in a drawer as Romeo steals them and chews through the packet!

Catsey Junior

09-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #15

Quote:
All of them love dreamies! I used to keep them on the lower shelf of the coffee table and Smudge would knock them over onto my feet and look up at me with those big eyes trying to hypnotise me into handing them over! They now have to be shut away in a drawer as Romeo steals them and chews through the packet!
LOL and I thought Billy was bad! He knows where they're kept too, and will often sit, purring with his nose right up against the cupboard door.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #16

Paws up for Dreamies here too! Pip is only allowed 5 per day ...................

Catsey Junior

10-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Gaina had me laughing too with the image of using a flora tub!
Due to the fact I use a wheelchair, these jobs usually fall on the shoulders of my wonderful parents (I tried to change Billy's litter one day, overshot the tray by about 6", litter all over the floor and I nearly fell in the tray myself! Dad does it now for obvious reasons ).

Catsey Junior

14-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #18

I know I shouldn't laugh at the image of you falling in the litter tray, but it reminds me of when my mum did something similar once! She uses a walking stick and has difficulty getting back up again once she's knelt down! She insists on doing the tray while she still can, so I have now moved the tray so she can hold onto something to get up again.

We had some good news at the vets today. Smudges urine sample showed no signs of kidney disease, so the vet now thinks she must have had some sort of infection which was making her ill. There was no obvious source (eyes, ears, teeth all fine and no cuts etc) and the antibiotics have sorted whatever it was out, so providing that in a couple of weeks the second urine sample doesn't show anything, she has been given a clean bill of health!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #19

That's brilliant news TM

Catsey Junior

14-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #20

Quote:
I know I shouldn't laugh at the image of you falling in the litter tray, but it reminds me of when my mum did something similar once! She uses a walking stick and has difficulty getting back up again once she's knelt down! She insists on doing the tray while she still can, so I have now moved the tray so she can hold onto something to get up again.

We had some good news at the vets today. Smudges urine sample showed no signs of kidney disease, so the vet now thinks she must have had some sort of infection which was making her ill. There was no obvious source (eyes, ears, teeth all fine and no cuts etc) and the antibiotics have sorted whatever it was out, so providing that in a couple of weeks the second urine sample doesn't show anything, she has been given a clean bill of health!
I'm so pleased to hear Smudge is on the mend. Give her a cuddle from me and Billy x And as for the litter box thing, laugh away - I did! LOL