Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
19-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #11

Re: Casper with a rabbit in the tumble dryer (Warning contains disturbing photos)

Familiar sight ! My how he has grown

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
19-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #12

Re: Casper with a rabbit in the tumble dryer (Warning contains disturbing photos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Upset me too

Having pet rabbits the picture was a shock.
Again. It wasn't my intention to upset anybody.

I just thought we'd all be aware of this as cat owners.

If somebody could add the dead animal warning to the title I'd appreciate it as I was unable to do it myself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
20-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #13

I appreciate it is the nature of the beast we love, it upset me very much when my own cats did this, (thankfully they haven't caught anything for years and they never caught a rabbit) but not what I expect to see so graphically on Catsey and quite honestly just don't see the need for it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
20-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Upset me too

Having pet rabbits the picture was a shock.
Why did you look then?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
Why did you look then?
To be fair, the warning was added to the thread title after Donna had looked at the thread.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
Why did you look then?
There was no warning and stupidly thought the cat had played with a soft toy rabbit, as some cats do. My two would play with a toy animal so didn't think anything of it at first.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #17

I know some are upset my the images, but they are still fantastic images!

Perhaps having a raw fed dog I am just a bit more hardened, I dunno, but tbh the pics didn't actually bother me :/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I know some are upset my the images, but they are still fantastic images!

Perhaps having a raw fed dog I am just a bit more hardened, I dunno, but tbh the pics didn't actually bother me :/
I have 3 raw fed dogs and Poppy has caught 3 rabbits in the 3 1/2 years we have had her, but still not nice to see.

Perhaps a warning on the thread when it is posted will help us choose what we view.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
21-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #19

Sorry, I didn't realise that the warning was not on the post from the start. I had no intention of offending anyone xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #20

Think the new title is far too strong, I would of said caution contains images of dead animals rather than the above.
Cat's hunt, it's very simple. I have pet rabbits, they are very sweet. I also eat wild rabbit, and the cats catch them too (I do not eat what they catch just to clarify!), I know it's not every one's cup of tea but did it really have to get to a point where Phil is having to apologise so strongly for posting, what I found were amazing, photos? No wonder people just disappear off here at times.