Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #51

Re: Billy Update

Sounding good, Gaina! Fingers crossed improvement continues.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
14-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Sounding good, Gaina! Fingers crossed improvement continues.
Thanks Angie . He's still a bit wobbly when he's walking, which had improved when he was put on Istin (blood pressure medication) after the visit to the vet based on my 'hunch' a few weeks ago, but I suppose if he's not been eating normally for a few days, even humans are a bit wobbly so it's understandable the cat might be too!

I noticed when he woke up from a long nap and went out to the garden for the toilet he was wobbly but walking much better when he came back so I think he'd had a little wander and exercised his creaky joints, bless him.

Catsey Junior

15-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #53

Billy took a turn for the worse this morning. He wouldn't eat at all or take his medication so we pushed his vet appointment forward.

I was seen by a wonderful lady called Helen - herself owned by several cats - and she confirmed what I suspected. Billy was all tired out and ready to move on. We could have kept him going for another three or four weeks but should couldn't say that his quality of life would be good and I just knew he was ready to leave. I stroked him and thanked him for being my best friend for 14 years and I let Helen do her job.

I chose not to stay because someone had been there at the very end with his cat and advised others not to do the same, but to remember your friend as he or she was.

Thank you all so, so much for your kindness and help during my time on this forum. Now we need to give ourselves some time to grieve and I will probably come back here in a few days time to chat.

Gaina xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #54

I am so sorry to hear this news Gaina - it is what we all dread the most. You have done the very best for Billy and I am sure that he would thank you for not letting him suffer any longer. Bless you.

RIP dear Billy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #55

Gaina, so sorry to hear this, you did you're best by him.
Run free now Billy xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #56

I'm so sorry to hear this, Gaina

Sleep tight Billy .....x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
15-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #57

So sorry to hear such sad news. RIP Billy xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #58

I'm very sorry Gaina - it's so difficult when a long-standing friend leaves us, you have my every sympathy.

I have had one peaceful and one very traumatic experience during a PTS, so I can completely understand why you decided against staying.

Catsey Junior

20-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I'm very sorry Gaina - it's so difficult when a long-standing friend leaves us, you have my every sympathy.

I have had one peaceful and one very traumatic experience during a PTS, so I can completely understand why you decided against staying.
Thank you Yola x I was beating myself up on Sunday about not staying but I know that would only have resulted in me capitulating and not doing what was right for Billy, so I am now back to feeling that my choice was right and Billy would agree.

Something odd happened yesterday morning. At this time of year Billy used to enjoy a bit of porridge for breakfast made with his cat milk. Yesterday morning I woke up with the same sadness but the crushing grief had lifted off my chest...and I was craving porridge, which I hardly ever eat. I took this as a sign that Billy his settled where he's gone now and I should begin to move forward.