Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
04-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #11

Re: My dilemma

Just wondering how she was too?

Cats owned: Tabby
Fair Mile is Male
04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #12

Elaine - I will post you a PM at soon. I am burying her today. I am too upset for any words at all.

Fair Mile is Male
04-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #13

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Ruby was the most beautiful cat black coat with a ruby colour that shone when the light was on her. She was good natured and you could pick her up a wonderful companion who knew your moods. She had a full outdoor happy life and was loved from the first minute to the last. But for me it is all no comfort today I feel so desolate. Putting her to sleep was bad but buryng this morning is the lowest point of all.

Fair Mile is Male
04-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #14

Although she was good natured she was the boss too. She used to sit in the garden in the plants and peep out at you to see what you were up to. Even though she is gone when I glance she is still there looking at me then a second later gone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #15

Oh no, I am so terribly sorry Pete xxx
We can all share your devastation, sadly we all know how it feels to lose such a special little friend.
When you feel up to it, please share any funny little anecdotes, tales and pictures of dear Ruby, it can and often does help with the grieving process.
She will be in your heart forever xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #16

So sorry to hear you have lost this special little girl

Run wild run free little one - happy with the angels.

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #17

I am so so sorry; losing a well loved companion isn't easy. My thoughts are with you; dear Ruby is free from pain mow; RIP, little girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #18

So very sorry to hear that Ruby has passed on - RIP sweetie.

Fair Mile is Male
04-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #19

Thanks everyone. She was booked for the operation and we had to risk the anaesthetic there was no other option. But unfortunately the blood test showed advanced kidney difficulties too and there was no hope. I brought her home from the vets, her own vet would not do a home visit and I was determined after the invasive work in her last days she would not end her life at the unfamiliar surroundings of the vet’s table. After much phoning around I found an excellent chap who for £100 put her down in her own garden, peacefully and with dignity before the really bad times came. I felt much much better for that she picked out the spot where she wanted to die on the last day and I put her in that spot well within 6 feet of it because of tree roots. The burial this morning was the worst for me and particularly as I did not know the ground and may have hit rocks etc. It was damned hard work on a very hot day but it was clay and I am pleased we get her well down in the ground in a small box. It’s in a position I hope where her grave will never be disturbed. I am so sad she has gone but many humans will not have it so lucky in our future care homes. I am still very sad but am starting to accept and will try to keep reflecting on the 20 years where she brightened up the world. RIP Ruby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #20

I feared that her kidneys may have been failing. It was a lovely gesture to have the vet come to Ruby and yes you are right about the humans and future care homes.
We all try to let our animals go with dignity.
I think you did very well by Ruby and she will be waiting on the bridge when the time comes.
Hugs to you and as upsetting as it is, she is at peace now, you did right by her when she needed you most. xxx