Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #31

Re: 1 year old baby with kidney failure :'(

Just to add, I will be on my mobile all day today, so if you need anything, even just a good cry, feel free to call. If I dont pick up right away, it's coz I'm driving or have my hands full but leave a short message and I will get back to you asap.
Take care and all the very best to you both again. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #32

Just saw this, so sorry to hear of all that has been happening. I'm sure Elaine has given you excellent advice and I'm keeping everything crossed for Charlie xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #33

I've been thinking about you and sending positive healing vibes to Charlie (((hugs)))

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
23-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #34

My thoughts are with you both, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. So devastating and especially in such a young cat x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
23-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #35

Hi there everyone and WOW what a lot of lovely replies, thank you so very much.

Well this morning Charlie ate a quarter of a sachet of the renal food, which was great, the most he's eaten since Friday. He also had a good drink and I woke up and he had huddled himself into my arms in bed!!

I spoke with the vet and she told me that an IV drip wasn't necessary as he is drinking and eating and not dehydrated, he is also weeing and pooping so *at the moment* things are functioning ok.

I have little tubs of water dotted all round the house, including upstairs and next to his bed, so he has it very readily.

Got home from work (I only work 3 hours a day which is wonderful as I can be around for Charlie a lot) and he came downstairs to greet me *BIG GRIN*!! He miowed for food so i gave him some which he gobbled up and then sat licking his paws contentedly.... I must admit that I am feeling far more positive than yesterday now as he does seem perkier and more comfortable (I guess the antibiotics are working too).

He is still sleeping a lot, which is to be expected, but it is wonderful that he is moving about more. He is asking to go outside quite a lot, I can't decide whether or not that's a good idea... on the one hand he is a very poorly boy and needs to be well looked after but on the other hand I wonder if a bit of fresh air might be good for him?

Sorry for not writing on here sooner today but Charlie has been asleep on my lap for ages and I didn't have the heart to move him, must get some lunch now!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
23-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #36

Oh I meant to add that I know that Charlie isn't going to be 'cured', I know he is now a very poorly and special little boy. But it is soooo good to see a little glimmer of his sunshiney spark back, he is lolloping all over the keyboard at we speak trying to get my attention lol

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #37

So pleased to hear your little boy is feeling a lot better today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #38

Glad that Charlie seems to be more his normal self. hopefully, with care, he'll be with you for a long time to come yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #39

That's a really good update to read! All best wishes for Charlie's further improvement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #40

Great update, so pleased he is obviously a little better, may this continue!!