Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tortie DSH
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #1

Hello Peeps!

I've been a member here for sometime, but not sure if I've posted before?

Some will know me as Rips from Dogsey and I'm posting as I've become the proud owner of a little Tortie kitten named Visa. I found her on the 23rd of November under a road bridge with a gammy leg and no skin on her tail!

To cut a long story short she was eventually discharged from the vets minus her tail, but with instructions on strict cage rest due to a shattered pelvis (it's likely she was run over by a car).

She's since recovered from her pelvic injury and now has the run of the house and the dogs!

And here is the girl herself:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #2

Re: Hello Peeps!

Hi

Seems to be a few dogsey members jumping ship lately . Lovely to see you over here and little Visa is looking FAB So nice to see that she's recovered so well from her traumatic start.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

Hello Hez, welcome to Catsey

It's lucky to found Visa when you did, without help she may have died from her injuries. It was very kind of you to take her in, she is a lovely girl and looks like she's settled well into your household.

Do you know how old she is?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #4

Hi, welcome to Catsey.....What a sad story, but with your love and care, she has turned into a real little cutie...............

Catsey Junior

04-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Hi

Seems to be a few dogsey members jumping ship lately . Lovely to see you over hear and little Visa is looking FAB So nice to see that she's recovered so well from her traumatic start.
Thank you! Just thought it might be worth visiting, I have a few questions brewing!

Catsey Junior

04-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

Hello Hez, welcome to Catsey

It's lucky to found Visa when you did, without help she may have died from her injuries. It was very kind of you to take her in, she is a lovely girl and looks like she's settled well into your household.

Do you know how old she is?
It was touch and go for a while, not sure if I'm allowed to post the thread from Dogsey? I'm pretty sure everyone's vibes got her through in the end!

The vet thought she was about 3 months old when I found her so I guess she's about 4 and a half months now. That pic was taken when she first came home so she's a bit bigger now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Hi, welcome to Catsey.....What a sad story, but with your love and care, she has turned into a real little cutie...............
She's getting there. It'll be nice once she's spayed and can go outside. Well nice for her, not for my fingernails!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #7

Hi
I'm VB over on dogsey

Visa is gorgeous.

One of the rescues I help out with got a little tortie in today, very thin coated, underweight and small and some delightful person had inflicted cigarette burns over her fragile little body

Hopefully once nursed back to health she will get as wonderful a home as little Visa x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #8

Hi Hez - bless you for rescuing this wee cutie-pie! She looks a complete poppet. I'm so glad that she has recovered well from her traumatic start in life and that she now has a lovely caring home. I hope to see a lot more photos of her!

Catsey Junior

05-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Hi
I'm VB over on dogsey

Visa is gorgeous.

One of the rescues I help out with got a little tortie in today, very thin coated, underweight and small and some delightful person had inflicted cigarette burns over her fragile little body

Hopefully once nursed back to health she will get as wonderful a home as little Visa x
Hello!

I really hope "your" little Tortie pulls through too, mine continues to be very well tempered. Although she's just been fitted with a lampshade after going to the vets as she's over grooming her tail wound making it a bit sore. So at the moment she's sulking - big time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Hi Hez - bless you for rescuing this wee cutie-pie! She looks a complete poppet. I'm so glad that she has recovered well from her traumatic start in life and that she now has a lovely caring home. I hope to see a lot more photos of her!
Thank you! I'll try and make sure I post some once she's cheered up a bit!