Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #1

Hello

Hello everyone on Catesy,

I am a mummy to 2 cats called nutmeg and beau, both of them were rehomes, unwanted for different reasons. Nutmeg is now 5 and she came to me at 9 weeks, and beau is 4, he came to me aged 1 yr.

I would love another cat one day, I just need to convince my OH that we need 3 cats I love the look of british short hair cats, but have also just fallen in love with the maine coon breed.

I had registered here a long while ago under the name nutmeg, but I couldnt log on, i'm not sure if I ever did post anything though

Chat soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2

Re: Hello

Hi and welcome, Twocats! I hope you enjoy it here; do tell more about your two ... pics would be nice!!

Edited: you did join in '08 as nutmegsmum!

24-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #3

Thanks dandysmom, the problem i had was when i tried to log in, i had to get the email with the new password, which i received but then i had a message to say i needed my account activated, i then emailed catesy twice to be activated but the email was being returned as unknown sender.

Phew, so in the end i decided to rejoin.

Well my nutmeg is a black cat, although she actually looks brown year round. she was named after character in a set of children's books which is based on adoption. the character nutmeg is adopted by his forever family, and as we were our kittens 3rd family in her first 9 weeks of life, we couldnt think of a better name for her.
She can be a nervous cat although she has mellowed quite a lot in the past year, she would growl, hiss and spit at any new person who comes to our house, and it has taken her four years to get used to my mum who visits every week. She does have a lot of good points though, she loves her cuddles of an evening, she has never given me any worry or strayed away and I could leave a chicken on the kitchen worktop and know she would never touch it, We love her to bits, and we call her our little baby.

My boy Beau came to us when he was a year old, we found him through a rehoming advert on a cat site, he gets called tiger as he stalks just like a tiger, he is a hunter and likes to bring presents, even wood pigeons which look bigger than him, he would have the chicken off the worktop before i have even turned my back, he doesnt like being picked up and rarely will come to us for cuddles. But he has the most adorable meow, and he likes to wake us up in the morning so that he can have his breakfast.

That's my babies.

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #4

They sound like characters, especially nutmeg! A bit like my Patches (tortie); I was at least her 5th home when I rehomed her. I could probably have trusted her with a chicken, but not butter.... her weakness! Beau is a mighty hunter indeed!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #5

Welcome Twocats, I hope you enjoy the forum

24-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #6

Thank you for the welcome xx

Dandy'smom, your patches sounds like a sweetie.

We even have to watch beau if we are making coffee otherwise he has his paw in the mug (before hot water added) lol.

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #7

I forgot to post my Welcome Graphic earlier, I got sidetracked in looking up your previous registration!

That's my current girl, Leia. Patches was a dear cat, and went to the Bridge at 20.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #8

Hi - or Welcome Back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #9

hey there and welcdome to the forum

Looking forward to hearing more about your keepers

Catsey Veteran