Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: toms
jamesthomsonn is Male
16-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

Have YOU adopted a cat in the last year? I NEED YOU!

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, my name is James Thomson and I am a vet student at the University of Nottingham. I am seeking the help of fellow cat lovers!

Shelter medicine is a big interest of mine and I have been involved in local shelter work for a big part of my life. In the interest of keeping this short, I will cut to the chase. As part of my dissertation, I am studying what motivates people to adopt cats and the results I obtain will be used by cat shelters to target and increase rates of adoption.

I NEED YOUR HELP if you have adopted a cat in the last year or are in the process of adoption. If you have the time and would like the chance to win a £50 pets at home voucher, I would greatly appreciate your participation in my survey which can accessed on the following link (it takes approximately 10 minutes and your time would really mean a lot to me)

(PS. If you have adopted in the last 5 years and still remember your motives at the time and the process, please feel free to participate from that perspective)

As the questionnaire will be used in person at shelters as well, there may be some questions that do not make sense. Feel free to leave anything blank or answer as if you were filling it in at the shelter you adopted from.

Thank you so much for considering taking part in my survey. I look forward to receiving some of your responses. My contact details are on the questionnaire so any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

James Thomson.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
16-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #2

Re: Have YOU adopted a cat in the last year? I NEED YOU!

Please note links to surveys or questionnaires are no longer allowed. Instead please post all questions into a thread (along with possible options if there are any) then anyone wishing to fill in the questionnaire can do so in the thread easily and quickly, eg, 1A, 2C, 3A, 4B etc

This way everyone can see the questions posted but also get a chance to see the 'results'. Additionally, email harvesting can not take place.