Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
16-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

No more lampshades..

I came across this while looking to see if there was any alternative to those awful buster collars that make some cats and dogs just keep bumping into furniture and pushing their food off the plate.

http://www.procollars.co.uk/index.ph...FRQPfAodW2Xkjw

The small size seems a good alternative for a cat who's having any work done below the neckline. You measure beyond the nosetip. Looks like a variation on an armband!?

Here's a similar idea seen on a young cat, seems quite happy and comfy with one on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctbPi...eature=related

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #2

Re: No more lampshades..

What a good idea - but did you see the price???

The Japanese do love their Scottish Fold cats - what a cutie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
16-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #3

We've ordered in similar collars but never had anybody try one out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #4

I got one of these ones from Amazon for Cloud... Thing is, it would fit her OK now, but when she was in for her op she could still just slip out of it... To be fair, she was very good, and I didn't need to put the cone I then got from the vet on her...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfy-Collar...6183020&sr=8-3

Price is also better Angie!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #5

I'm going to ask my vet if they carry them the next time we're there! They seem an excellent idea!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

We bought a Comfy Collar for Morgan our cocker spaniel after his bladderstone op as the ordinary buster collar was causing him great distress.

The new collar was fantastic as he could eat, sleep and move around almost as normal. He was able to wash himself and keep his "bits" clean too but we felt that this style of collar would not have prevented him getting at stitches if he'd had a leg injury or if he'd been castrated. I'm glad we bought it and hope we never have need of it again but it might not be helpful in all cases.

Catsey Senior

16-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What a good idea - but did you see the price???

The Japanese do love their Scottish Fold cats - what a cutie!
Yes, they're about 4-5x the price you would pay at the vets for a lampshade, and up to 15x the price you can get a lampshade type on the net.

Mitzi has an itch now and then on her bad ear, I may get her one off of Amazon to save her having to headbutt me every time she wants a scratch! She has grown quite accustomed to her plastic collar tho, but it has had a few things I WON'T miss about it, e.g. for the 1st few days when on antibiotics she gets a little shall we say 'runny'..in the wee hours..She of course insists on checking it to see that it's all done then jumps up on the pillow with a 'sample scoop' for a headbutt and kiss!!

Catsey Senior

21-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #8

..'Dear squirrel, mummy shopped at Amazon recently'...

'I have only had this portable pillow on for 8 hours but I think I prefer it to the other one already, Love Mitzi xXx
P.S: Mummy put it on the right way but the blow up bit always seems to land under my chin, I hope it won't bother me when I'm sleeping'