Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
13-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #41

Re: Oedema on ear flap, 2 months now. Operate or leave?

2nd opinion says he WILL need a 2nd op poor boy.. If it's left I'm told it will probably result in caulifower ear which will impair his hearing and I can't let that happen.

I've asked about what type of procedure this 2nd vet will be performing and that to be esp careful with Chesi as he gets really spaced out on GA and he assures me he will have plenty of fluids to flush out the GA should I go ahead with it at this practice. I hope so..

After having spoken with my vet she says that the 1st op not working was just unfortunate and 'one of those things'. Really not happy about Chesi being put through it all again, feel awful for him, not what I wanted to hear but knew it was probably what I would hear. So I'll have 2 cats in collars over my birthday next week and parents to feed and water too, bless em.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #42

Fingers well and truly crossed here for a better result - when is the op scheduled?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #43

Sorry it turned out this way. Poor little guy, and poor you too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
13-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #44

I'm waiting for an estimate Weds as I don't like nasty suprises and will be needing to try and work out how to pay this one, I'm guesstimating it'll be a biggie. I know, I know, but he wasn't insured. ;/