Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #1

Caspurr's results are back.

Hi everyone, Caspurr's results are back. He has the Caliche virus ans is the carrier . He is negative for Clamidia and the other test results arn't in yet.
He's getting better although not quite back to normall. I have to take both him and Abi back on Monday night. I'll keep you all posted. My Vet was going to phone the breeder I got him from, she said that he had it when I got him.
I have a lot to say to her Unfortunatly she's at a show today so I cant phone. I will get her tomorrow.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #2

Re: Caspurr's results are back.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Jac I'm not sure what that virus is....... how will it affect Caspurr.....and can Abi catch it from him?

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #3

Mags it is manageable, although it may come out again if he gets stressed. Not sure about all the in's and out's of it. I'll find out on Monday.
Abi can and has caught it although she has it much milder. Down to her being fully vaccinated. Just have to take it as it comes. See what the vet say's.
She thinks Caspurr has a secondery infection as well. That's what she's looking for and why she took so many swabs ect.
Really Monday holds the key and answers.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #4

Wasn't Caspurr fully vaccinated when you got him Jac?

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #5

No Mags he had only had one vaccination. I got him when he was just over 11 weeks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #6

Mags, it's FCV (feline calicivirus) if you google it will tell you more about it.

Jac, I know it's horrible that he has this virus at all, but at least it isn't fatal and can be managed. From what I've read it can lie dormant for years at a time and only come out in stressful situations. So he'll just have to lead a very pampered life lol! Chin up chum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #7

Hope everything works out. Caspurr is getting bigger and hopefully stronger by the day, your vet is on top of things, so hopefully he has turned the corner and will go from strength to strength.

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #8

He has turned the corner and is doing really well. Has me sussed though. When I put his AB's in normal food now he wont eat it. If I put them in tuna he scoff's the lot . Guess who gets tuna at pill time? and Abi too of course.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
21-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #9

Awwww... i'm sorry, i hope you give that breeder a what for

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #10

Oh dear Jac but at least you know what you are dealing with now. Fingers crossed that Caspurr will remain well from now on. A lot of cats carry Calici without symptoms and indeed never show any symtoms, so hopefully Caspurr will be one of these. Good luck for the rest of the results x