Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
21-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #1

Advice again please

Hi all. The problem this time is guinness. Since last night he has beign slavering its just dripping every so often out of his mouth. He is eating ok and drinking as well. the vet has put simon and guinness on hill science c/d dry they had gone off the other. I have looked in his mouth and there is nothing there. Is this normal has i have never seen this before. Also one of the cats was sick last night but i dont know which one and guinness was sat looking a a beetle when i first noticed him doing it.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #2

Re: Advice again please

Has Guiness had a dental lately? It could be a sign of a dodgy tooth or something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #3

Or having eaten a nasty beetle. They insist on doing it, then you can see them going - Oh Yuk! That was awful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
21-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #4

If he gets any worse i will take him too the vets straight away. Otherwise i will wait till monday and take him them. Guinness has never had a dental but he certainly is going to have now. I have had to put a towel over the settee has he is dribbling over it. I couldnt careless about the furniture but i just want guinness to be ok.

jane

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #5

He may have cut his tongue on something, Cassie has done that and she dribbled a lot for a while.

My previous cat also had trouble like that and the vet found a small piece of bone wedged in one of his back teeth. I assumed it was through eating a mouse or something as he never had anything with bones in indoors...