Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #1

Marmite thursday

Bet we are very divided about who likes Marmite crisps,lol
Personally i love them.
Last night Chris and myself went for another meal at the pub, was very nice and a change.
Quite a nice day today weatherwise.
Malaika's paw is improving and we took her for a very short walk on the beach, we tried to take her the grassy way but she sat down and refused to move untill we changed direction.
Kwame had a good run down by the sea.
As he is difficult with other dogs i am giving him a treat everytime we come across another dog, i remind myself of those parents who shove sweeets into their childrens mouths to keep them quiet,lol
Having some sucess, tried this method before and now it's time to try it again.
Nette, hope your new little one is ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #2

Re: Marmite thursday

Hello and good afternoon all.
Just back in from work I do like these half days but I also need them.

The car is in the garage the motor for the windscreen wipers has gone and something else.........
There is a new programme on tonight Thursday on Channel4.....Dogs the secret life.

Shelley I must of missed the bit about Malaika's paw glad it is on the mend. Like the idea of bribery in dog training just make sure Kwame does not put two and two together and realise barking means treats...you holiday sounds lovely glad you enjoyed the meal. Do you find you stick to the same things when you go out for a meal I am attempting to try something I would not normally eat.

P.P As a name how about Phebe from "As you like it"
is she settling in okay still and do you think she is a stayer.
And did you get your pot moved?

Angie did OH go to the agility training, can he not just change groups.....

fecto's mum Glad to see you back.

C.S. I recall being in disgrace with my old girl "Cleo" through similar personal hygiene issues.I found when she was settled trimming the area was the answer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #3

Afternoon all, just got back in from shopping and things and little puss has made herself at home. She's wandering around the house freely now and eating well, P&P are not even aware she is here yet, Pandy is sleeping on my bed, Pearla is on the windowsill- oblivious! The Feliway seems to be working
I think she's a keeper, no interest from any owner, no similar lost cats in my area; I love the name Phoebe, it was the name of several of my ancestors, so that's it, nice one Kazz!

Moved the pot to the front, the tree promptly fell over in the breeze! Need stones to weight down the base.

Shelley, I have never tried Marmite crisps but I like Twiglets, are they the same?

Having some really heavy showers here today, the chooks don't like rain, but they are happy to get stuck into the corn.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #4

Well I adore Marmite in the true form in the jar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

hmmmm - Marmite brought me out in a rash around my mouth as a child and I've not eaten it since; I like Vegemite though!

Phoebe is a lovely name for your newest friend, PP. I still like Purdey though, used to have a Purdey haircut a la Joanna Lumley in The Avengers - didn't look quite the same on me though!!!! Maybe one day I'll have a new friend and call her Purdey but I'm not sure Kizzy will allow!!!

Still battling with Sea Fever - I think I've just got too many ideas now and need to put all but a couple on a back burner for something else. Indecision is a terrible timewaster in my experience.

Kazz - OH would like to change groups at agility but can't because he goes to dog training on the same evening, so will have to wait until the whole thing changes for winter running. Although having said that, he's found a different group that has indoor facilities and classes are on Mondays. I suggested he phone up and see if there are any vacancies. No good thinking about it if there are no places available. Agility training is very popular down here.

Have a good day folks - we've had several sharp showers and a bit of thunder but not too near to worry Monty Bogle.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #6

Angie I would get him to phone sometimes a change of trainer etc can work wonders (let alone escaping the chatters)

We had thunder here earlier quite bad and immediately I though "oh Bella" then remembered..........but was quite relieved she did not have to panic through it.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #7

Karen, i'm trying to get in with the treats before he kicks off. The theory is he will learn to associate seeing another dog or have another dog bark at him with a pleasurable experience.
Been here before with him but have to keep trying,lol
Nette, i like the name Phoebe for your new little girl, sounds like shes settled already. Marmite crisps are quite like twiglets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #8

I think someone has made herself at home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie I would get him to phone sometimes a change of trainer etc can work wonders (let alone escaping the chatters)

We had thunder here earlier quite bad and immediately I though "oh Bella" then remembered..........but was quite relieved she did not have to panic through it.
I wonder whether a change would also do Monty good ... he'd given up on agility, just wasn't interested any more. Had got over his not knowing what to do next, was doing well, if not very fast and then suddenly just didn't want to do it.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #10

awwwww Nette, what a lovely picture of you all, what a lucky little cat she is