Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #1

Prawn Cocktail Tuesday

Morning everyone. Such sad news to wake up to this morning about Robin Williams. Heart goes out to his family.

Its wet and miserable here. Im on the late start and finish this morning so got a bit more time to get organised and maybe give the house a little tidy!! Might even have some breakfast before i leave which is unusual!!

My monsters are all snoozing this morning. Barney is off to the dog walker later for a few hours as she just keeps himi with him as he is doing so well with other dogs and with his recall training!

Hope everyone is nice and warm and cozy at home and chin tickles to all our furbabies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #2

Re: Prawn Cocktail Tuesday

Morning Pamela - what a shock about Robin Williams, my condolences to his family.

Bright here this morning - what weather we had yesterday afternoon, don't think I've seen such heavy driving rain and roaring wind. I was at a funeral and the whole funeral party got stuck outside the crematorium under a not particularly good shelter. The undertakers had to get umbrellas for the family to get them to their cars as there was another funeral party needing to come out. I was lucky and managed to get back to my car without getting too wet, just timed it right. As things go though, it was a good send-off and certainly the largest funeral I've been to, a very well loved and respected lady.

The bungalow next door to us is having major building works and the workmen have been cooking bacon for breakfast, I keep getting a whiff of the glorious aroma .... I must go and get some breakfast myself, though it won't be bacon!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #3

Morning- very sad to hear about Robin Williams, I used to love Mork and Mindy!

Sorry to hear about the bad weather at the funeral Angie but good that it was a good send off.

I haven't eaten meat for over 30 years but cooking bacon still smells delicious! Hope you enjoy your breakfast Pamela!

I am in deep, deep trouble as Smudge is due a vet check up at 10 so she is locked in AND the cat basket is out and ready. She is wailing and stalking in to glower at me every so often. Smudge has a very effective glower...... She will wail all the way in the car too. Oh well, she seems well although it can be a battle to get her to eat and juggling different food for the three of them is a challenge.

Hope all have a good day.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #4

Good morning Pamela, Angieh, cats' staff and all to follow.It's Tuesday evening here and pouring with rain. Meant to get down to -5 tonight so a good night for the electric hotties.I also place one on top of Damon-Bird's cage so he stays nice and warm all night.
Enjoy your well deserved breakfast Pamela. Don't know how you can go to work on an empty tummy. Sorry it was raining for the funeral yesterday Angieh.At least it went as well as a funeral can and the lady is at peace now.That bacon sounds wonderful. Hope Smudge gets a clean bill of health at the vet's, cats' staff.You'll have to give her a big cuddle after such a traumatic experience.

I did my stint at one of the Red Zone cat feeding stations tonight and saw my new ginger boy that I am fostering, although he wouldn't come near.He's looking very matted but would be a beautiful looking boy if he was groomed. We will try and trap him shortly and check him for a microchip.He looks to be a purebred persian so we may be lucky and find his owner.

Have a great Tuesday everyone and stay warm.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #5

Oh, wee Smudge ... it's all for your good! Hope the check-up is successful CS.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #6

Morning/evening dinky! Hope you can help the ginger boy, fingers well and truly crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #7

good rainy afternoon everyone.
Earlier this morning it was dry so we managed to walk the dogs along the grassy parts of the beach without getting wet.
We saw a fin out to see but couldn't make out quite what it was, wish i'd had the binoculars.
Washing bedding today and of course tumble drying.
CS i too have been vegetarian since childhood, however i can appreciate how good bacon smells.
Dinky, good luck with Ginger would be so lovely if he could be reunited.
Angie, glad the funeral is over for you
Pamela, hope work goes well, i've forgotten what it is, lol

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #8

It is just one of those smells ........ bacon cooking isn't it? I was a veggie for 4 years, got married and told my OH he didn't have to be a veggie and one morning he was frying bacon ............................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Oh, wee Smudge ... it's all for your good! Hope the check-up is successful CS.
The vet seems happy with her clinically and her weight is good but we'll have to see what the blood test says.

I am in the doghouse, horrible staff, nasty person, and am being thoroughly told off for my insubordination! Smudge is a most expressive cat........

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #10

Oh, staff - you know what you do is in Smudge's best interest, don't beat yourself up and DON'T ALLOW SMUDGE to intimidate you!!!!!