Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #1

Salt and Vinegar Saturday

Morning everyone. Its a bit overcast here at the moment but will hopefully brighten up. I am off to Edinburgh zoo with my sister and the kids. They are a bit older now so hopefully no tantrums!! Weather in Edinburgh is looking dry so should be good.

Hope everyone is nice and rested as its the weekend

Will post some pics of the zoo later if anyone wants to see them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #2

Re: Salt and Vinegar Saturday

Morning Pamela - hope you, your sister and the kids enjoy the zoo. I was always in two minds about zoos (although I loved them as a kid) but they do important conservation work these days so I'm not so down on them. I look forward to seeing your photos and hearing how you feel about how the animals are cared for.

Lovely bright morning here after a very wet night.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #3

Morning everyone, it's a nice bright day here after an horrendous afternoon and evening yesterday. I didn't think I was going to get home at one point as the road to the north of us was impassable with floods and stuck cars so I went the long way round and only just got through- very scary!

Have a good zoo trip Pamela, hole you have a nice day in the sun Angie. I'm going to see what the downpour did to the garden but I can already see that the lavender is in a mess.

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #4

Glad you're OK CS - I did hear on the radio that there had been bad flooding along the east coast, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire. The forecasters are getting the warnings out for Bertha's leftovers due to hit us tonight/tomorrrow. Very sad because I was hoping for clear skies to try and photograph the Super Full Moon. Unfortunate timing, the full moon and the left over hurricane - fingers crossed the coastal flooding won't be as bad as expected.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #5

Good morning Pamela, Angieh, cats' staff and all to follow.I woke up this morning to a quake ,which terrified the cats and dog, not to mention me.It made me frightened to go out, so I stayed home and began clearing out the spare room. Got quite a bit done.Just had another good shake about 20 minutes ago, so hope that they don't continue through the night.

Pamela, enjoy your day at the zoo with your sister and family. I'd love to see some photos later.
Angieh, sorry that you may not get to photograph that moon.Let's hope that the weather won't be too bad.At least the rain has stopped for you now.
Thank goodness you made it home safely Cats' Staff. It must have been frightening driving in those conditions. Sorry about your lavender. Hopefully ,that will be the only casualty in your garden.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #6

So sorry to hear you've had further quakes dinky. Can't imagine what it must be like trying to live with those or the worry of them constantly in the background. And those poor animals, yours' and others', who don't understand what's happening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #7

Good afternoon all the weather is being troublesome all over it seems. Dinky I hope the quakes have stopped now, reassuring hugs for your animals there. I saw the floods in Cambridgeshire on the news, take care CS, and now the remnants of Hurricane Bertha may bring more disruption to us all! I think my tomatoes will never ripen at this rate.

I must clean out the hens later because they may be spending a lot of time in the coop tomorrow.

Have a good time at the zoo, I'm glad the old days of lions pacing the cages and animals in unsuitable conditions being kept for curiosity value seems to be going, after visiting the Durrell Conservation Park on Jersey I think all creatures should be given as much freedom and care as they are. It was a superb place.