Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #1

And Finally Friday ....

Here we are again, another week gone by.

Thinking about Eileen and Leia today and hoping their power supply is back on soon. Also thinking about Netty's Oliver in for the snip today. Hoping he's safely home very soon too.

A bitterly cold day here. Computer says it's 1C, but don't know what the wind chill makes it. My gardener came along and did some weeding this morning. It's not for no reason that I call him a hardy perennial!!!

Not much on today, laundry, housework and some further photo sorting maybe this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone, keep warm. Look forward to the weekend for those who go out to work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
28-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Re: And Finally Friday ....

morning angie, all to follow.

totally rubbish start to my day, had to take my wee ratty to the vets to be pts
she wasnt doing too good last night, hardly ate anything and was breathing really fast so i knew i would have to take her this morning. was quite annoyed at my vets, they knew i was coming in to get that done, but i was kept waiting for 15mins after i arrived for my app, despite my OH going and asking and me telling them she was dying in my arms. first time i have had a complaint about them.
it was the vet i usually see, she took her away and put her in a gas chamber first then brought her back and gave her the inj when i was there. at least she is no longer suffering, it is horrible at the time and the thought of doing it, but im glad i can do that for my pets.

just off to go get something to eat, i have to go into work at 1 and make up my hours off this morning another day.
be back on later!

hope everybody is having a nicer day than me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #3

Oh lynz - so sorry about your wee ratty. Never ever easy.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
28-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #4

I'm so sorry Lynz, I wish you didn't have to go back to work after such a horrible morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #5

Oh lynz, sorry the vets handled that so badly! It's never easy anyhow, and that didn't help ...

I'm home, have posted about my absence. Cloudy, minus 1 C (30 F) and light snow flurries, nothing like yesterday's mess of rain turning to ice quickly and then heavy wet snow that downed power lines and had traffic at a complete standstill. Some people were in their cars for 14 hours!!! The buses are running again today; had to re-place my grocery delivery order (all on the East Coast were cancelled yesterday), it's coming Monday.

Good to be back!~

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
28-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

Good to have you back Eileen!

So sorry to hear that Linz. Both the fact that she's gone now, and the way that it happened at the vets. Am also sorry to hear you had to sit through the night knowing what was going to come in the morning. *hugs*

OK start to the day here. Really didn't want to have to get out this morning though. Ended up doing a deal with myself - would go in for between 10 and 2, when my usual hours are 9-3. In the end I worked 10-3:30 - and was practically sent home by my boss - who told me she looked like I needed home by that point in time!!! Nice of her! Supposed to be going to the local theatre later to see the last Harry Potter. Not too excited about it - especially seeing how long it is, but it will be good to spend some time with the people am going with. Would far rather spend the evening in, but... Least I have the weekend off!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
28-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

thanks guys, i know i wish i didnt have to go back to work either SM but my collegues and boss dont really understand my upset, after all, 'its just a rat'. apparently boss said this morning, 'she better not make a regular deal of this, i know she has hunners of them'. or something along those lines. there was no way that i could have left her like that until i got back from work.

squirrel, have fun at HP!
glad you got home safe eileen!

Catsey Junior

28-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #8

"It's just a rat"??? Ugh. I hope you can pamper yourself tonight, a nice lazy night, bottle of wine and box of sweeties or something. If you need to talk we are here for you. Big hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #9

Evening all just got back in from work, and had a good day.
Eileen I am glad you are home but it sounds a bit horrific weather wise in Washington.

Angie I could be a hardy perennial too as I was weeding before work and will be again tomorrow. Also brought some comport today to plant up some planters.

Lynz sorry hear of your bad start to the day and RIP for your loss.

Squirrel home you feel better soon.

Catsey Junior

28-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #10

ZOMG I am never watching Embarassing Bodies again. I have seen things tonight I hope to never see nor think of again. Is anyone around tonight?