Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #1

Little black cat.

We have just agreed to take in another cat, over and above the Burmese with diarrhoea ( who we have heard no more of).
The vet called a couple of hours ago, the cat has basically degloved it's back leg and needs to be amputated, the owners can't afford it and were going to PTS. The vet called and asked if we could help as she is only 18 months old.
She's not neutered, so probably hasn't been vaccinated and could well be pregnant, however the main aim is to get her leg amputated tomorrow and bloods tests to check for FIV/ FeLV and then take it from there. I think we will be very lucky if she isn't pregnant, but need to get her through this first before considering spaying, by which time is she is in kitten it will be too late to abort ( if in the early stages of pregnancy I would get her spayed).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Re: Little black cat.

Poor little cat - how wonderful that you can step in and hopefully help her through. Fingers crossed the amputation goes well.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #3

Karma to you Farthing, for giving this poor wee girl a chance of a happy life.I do hope all goes well for her. I also hope that her owners don't go on and get another cat if they are not able to afford vet treatment.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #4

What a lovely person you are Farthing. So glad the young cat has found you. Wishing her lots of healing love and hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #5

Lots of healing vibes for this little cat. You are an angel taking her in. Can't wait to hear an update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #6

Special prayers for the 'little black cat' with her surgery and illness to bear. God Bless you too farthing for your compassion. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #7

poor wee thing, well done you for taking her on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #8

She's not coming now.
The owner's neighbour want to keep her as they had been looking after her anyway because the owner wasn't. They will pay for the op and are going to book her in next month to be spayed.
Although I am a bit disappointed ( just because I love cats) it's a good outcome and leaves potential space for another one in need. If we hadn't said yes, she would have been PTS before the neighbour could offer a home, so we still served a purpose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #9

Good and bad news then farthing. I hope that the neighbour turns out to be a loving caring owner, but I guess if they are paying for the op they must care for the little one. Obviously I still hope the op goes well. Good luck little black cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #10

Well, in any event, you still played a part and it all worked out. Good to hear