Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #11

Re: Still no improvement

I, too, would have thought you'd have seen some improvement by now Nae

Might be a good idea to get him checked again......

Will he let you touch his leg and gently move the joint? Gentle pressure whilst feeling his leg may show you where exactly the discomfort is ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
08-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #12

I can touch his leg and move his leg about but it seems it's his shoulder that's giving him the trouble. When i put my hand on his shoulder and gently move it he looks at me and then tries to lick his shoulder

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #13

Could he have an abcess brewing? My Cat wouldnt walk once, Vets thought he had soft tissue damage, but in 5 days he got no better at all, then BANG!! The abcess on his leg burst and he was fine! There was never a sign of a bite wound on him.

Hope Timmy gets better quickly.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #14

I can't see any wounds on him. He's eating like an absolute pig. COuld have sworn I had 2 dogs tonight when I was dishing up the chicken. Both Tilly & Timmy sitting by my legs with big pleading eyes

I did give them some after I'd dished up what we were having. Thought it might do Timmy some good too. If he's still looking very sorry for himself over the weekend I'll take him back to the vets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #15

Good on you Nae. If he's poorly then it's only fair to take him back and ask the vets to rethink their diagnosis.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #16

Poor little guy, yes, I'd return to the vet; he should be getting better by now, not worse! That's worrisome....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #17

You know it sounds more and more like Abcess to me, Oscar the bite would never showed up key to his was he was okay but couldn't put weight on his leg then suddenly really poorly noticed Cleo really licking his shoulder oddly enough (coicidence maybe as Timmy's seems to be his shoulder) took him back to the vet and an abcess vet lanced it actually, the poision just shot out the relief and improvment was immediate. Never a sign of a bite at all though.

Edited to say just noticed one of Dawn's was similar, and thinking back the timescale was the same about 4-5 days from Oscar's vet's visit till the next and the abcess seen - maybe thats the key how long has it been Naomi?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2006, 12:38 AM   #18

I hope Timmy improves over the weekend Nae......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-12-2006, 03:27 AM   #19

Fingers crossed that he'll feel better over the weekend also!

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #20

There is slight improvement today, still not putting much weight on his leg but he's looking better. He's sleeping most of the time which i don't mind.

He slept in my bedroom last night (absolutely shocking cos as a rule no pets are alowed upstairs and most certainly NEVER allowed to sleep in the bedrooms during the night)and he was restless for most of the night. He woke me up at 3:15am and after I told him to go back to sleep he curled up into my back and settled down.

Still no sign of an abcess or a wound. I have noticed that the vet has given me Metacam for dogs Is it the same stuff for cats do you know? I didn't see it first off cos the lable was covering the botte but the lable fell off and it says 'Metacam for Dogs' under it.

Okay just discovered something which I will most definately be taking up with my vets. Apparently Metacam is not licensed for use in Cats as an oral suspension and as this is the case I should have signed for it and been made aware that the possible side effects are vomiting and in severe cases kidney failure and/or death!!!! I was not made aware of the severe side effects and was only told 'Just keep an eye on him cos he maybe a little bit sick afterwards'