Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
17-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #11

Re: Tiggles...

angie still no contact from his owner then???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #12

No - not a word I'm afraid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #13

It certainly seems as if he's been abandoned after all this time.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
18-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #14

strange!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #15

I have to say Mr Tomsk was in fairly good nick, not fat- you could feel his ribs- but not skeletal either. I scanned him, asked around and he was hanging around all winter. He was pretty good hunter and I guess this was why he was in Ok body condition but also riddled with worms. He was also covered in ticks, I can't imagine an owner letting him in their house, without treating him.

If anybody did own MrTomsk they had no concern over him, nobody has come asking for him, and even if he does go to another place once I let him out again, I have done all I can to protect his health.

Have you checked to see if he is chipped or put a collar on him, or do you definately know his owner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #16

Farthing, a woman called in response to one of Angie's signs to say Squiffy was her cat, and had gone walkabout once before, but the phone number she left wasn't good and she's not been heard from since!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #17

That is weird, a tough position to be in. I was very annoyed at Mr Tomsk hanging around entire because he could be carrying any nasty viruses and would have been more likely to catch a virus and pass it onto mine. I've kept mine in because I didn't want to put them at risk- Sooty and Loki will go out soon, once Mr Tomsk is integrated. I almost feel that the owners should be fined for not doing their animals, although I guess I have never got over losing Triger and am very sensitive to it.

Would the owner notice then, if he was castrated- can the CPL do anything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #18

Farthing - I have spoken to the vet - they will not neuter without owner's signature on their form. I am not the owner ... ergo .......

I have not managed to catch him at an opportune time to get him to the vet to scan him - I don't have access to a scanner myself. I think it would be too stressful for him and for me!!! I truly doubt he's chipped.

I spoke to a different lady on the phone at the end of last week. She had seen my poster at the Co-op (another story!) and someone she knew had lost a cat looking very similar. Coincidentally another B&W cat was found running around the village with a damaged tail. This COULD have been the cat the first woman had lost. There is nothing wrong with Squiffy's tail.

I think I will have to phone the local rescue to see if they can catch Squiffs and get him neutered with their vet. If they could do that, they could bring him back and we could carry on as we are. As he quietens down and with the colder weather not far away at least he would have somewhere warm to come if he wants to.

(So sorry Moli - I seem to have stolen Tiggles' thread.)