Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #1

No more fostering

It is with a heavy heart and a lot of regret, but I have had to make the difficult decision to give up fostering for the CP. My health isn't so great atm, and while in summer it's manageable, in winter it's just too difficult to go up and down to the pens each day. I'm not able to give the cats the attention and playtime they need, and that's not fair on them. I will still stay involved with the branch, and help out with vet visits, picking cats up etc, and emergency fosters in a miki pen if needed. But no more long tem.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #2

Re: No more fostering

So sorry to hear that, Alex, as I know how much you enjoyed what you were doing.

Your own health must come first though and you have made a wise decision, it's also good to know you will still be involved with CP in a less strenuous way.

You've helped many cats and kittens over the years and given them a good start ...... so well done to you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #3

You have done wonders with the ones you have had Alex, there are many now in homes thanks to you...But as Mags says, your health must come first...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #4

Congratulate yourself on what you have done for the Cats you have fostered. Good on you for staying involved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #5

I can't put it any better than Mags, Moli and Shelley have. I know you'll miss it, but your health comes first. (((hugs))), Alex. And a well done to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #6

I agree with the others' comments wholeheartedly Alex. Bet all those cats and kittens you have helped would thank you too. Much better that you listen to yourself than push on and struggle. Good for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #7

Sorry to hear this Alex, but you must put yourself first. Agree with what the others have said.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #8

I agree with the others, but I sometimes do not think people realise how much time energy....volunteering takes out of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #9

Sorry to hear this Alex but you have done some great work, don't feel down on yourself. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #10

thanks everyone. Just feels very strange not to be going up and down to the pen umpteen times a day now, but I'll get used to it.