Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #1

Pregnant kitten

Aaarghhh!!! people make me so damn mad. Had a kitten brought to me today (the vets are closed until tuesday now). The fella who brought her is a taxi driver who fund raises for us every year. His neighbours had this little B&W girl, who is about 7/8 months max, and she is pregnant. He managed to talk them into handing her over to us, as the woman was worried about her staffy eating the babies when they are born!!!!!

She's a beautiful little thing, but in no way should she be pregnant! So she's with me at least until tuesday, don't know whether she'll stay with me after that or go to a more experienced fosterer to give birth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #2

Re: Pregnant kitten

Alex, I despair. No matter how much education you try and stuff down people's throats it makes not a jot of difference

Yesterday I was gardening in the front garden and this dog came bounding in on a long lead. It was lovely; cross beagle/pug. He had its whole haunch shaved and a massive scar across his hip. I got chatting to the bloke whilst Domi played with the dog and he told me it had been in an accident and hit by a car. I noticed the dog was entire so said to him that if he had it neutered it would be less inclined to run off and hence get hurt.

The guy couldn't get out of the gate quick enough

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #3

Oh that poor wee kitten Alex. I'm very glad she's safe with you at least for the time being.

Why can't there be a big TV promo for neuter and spay???? Couldn't all the animal charities club together and fund it????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Alex, I despair. No matter how much education you try and stuff down people's throats it makes not a jot of difference

Yesterday I was gardening in the front garden and this dog came bounding in on a long lead. It was lovely; cross beagle/pug. He had its whole haunch shaved and a massive scar across his hip. I got chatting to the bloke whilst Domi played with the dog and he told me it had been in an accident and hit by a car. I noticed the dog was entire so said to him that if he had it neutered it would be less inclined to run off and hence get hurt.

The guy couldn't get out of the gate quick enough

Yola you were treading on delicate ground there there is something about men and having their dogs castrated that appears to make them wince.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #5

Have you got any foster cats in now Alex? Be hard work having kittens...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #6

yeah, I've got two 5 yr olds in as well, Molly and Banjo. Bless 'em

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #7

Awww poor little thing. I hope she will be alright, 7-8 months is far too young to be pregnant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2010, 02:26 AM   #8

That is so so sad ... a kitten having kittens. Poor thing, at least she'll be spayed after the birth, but more kittens needing homes. Some people just don't know or don't care about spay/neuter; heartbreaking.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
04-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #9

The times we get cats in that are 'getting fat' 'hiding' and/or 'fighting with their brothers' and when we take one look & say pregnant they look so suprised.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
04-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #10

Such a shame At least she is safe now. It is beyond me how people can still be so ignorant and think that getting their pet neutered is not necessary and the amount that still seem to believe that letting them have just one litter is good for them