Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Persians
03-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #11

Re: LOST - ASCOT, Berks - Cream Colourpoint persian - Lovely PHOEBE!!!

Thank you - how long had she been living as a stray for? We have been going out every night calling for the last 2 weeks so it makes me wonder if she has been adoped - I know she still hasn't been found by the council which is encouraging news - obviously as she is a persian you do wonder if she has been stolen! It really is a mystery as she would never really travel out of our private drive!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #12

Amber, our Posh had been a stray around our area for 2 weeks before we took her in. Other neighbours had fed her before we had her. Our vet believes she had been 'dumped' though, as she was young and probably been too expensive to maintain

The prospect of Phoebe having been stolen is uncomfortable thought but as she doesn't seem to be much of a wanderer this is a horrible possibility. I hope someone has taken her in of course and taken her to a vet or reported her to CP etc. Praying for you. x

Catsey Junior

05-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #13

Still no Phoebe 3 weeks 1 day now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #14

I am so sorry Amber.

Catsey Junior

05-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #15

so sad!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #16

So sorry to hear Phoebe is still missing. Did you ring Rushden Persian Rescue?

Catsey Junior

05-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #17

I have sent them an email including photo's etc - also I contacted Chapel House...it's not looking very good

Catsey Junior

14-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #18

Just to let you know that we are still continuing our search for Phoebe - just over 5 weeks now that she has been missing!

I have checked with the council again just to make sure and there has been nothing collected which is good news.

I am still checking all the rescue, lost and found sites and also the for sale sections on various websites! If you notice her on any of these sites please do let me know - it's hard work keeping up with them all myself on a daily basis!!

Please do contact me any time down the line if you discover her in a rescue as I know there are lots of you on Catsey that are very involved with the centres or if you hear anything on the grapevine - it's nice having you all as a great network of support!

Good news is that after pulling some strings and a bit of shameful begging, our free local paper whcih is delivered through the door to all the houses, has agreed to put an article about Phoebe on the front page (so long as no big news story come in before Friday)!! This paper covers all the local towns in our area so this is a really amazing way to get the story out to everybody and it's rekindled my hopes of finding her (I think my mum has been beaten so I have to keep going for her)!!

Many thanks to all of you for helping me in my search!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #19

Amber, I'm so sorry there isn't any definite news. I think the paper article is excellent - what about also contacting the local radio station?

If you can support your own appeal with a more general story about how pets can go missing simply because someone thinks they are a stray and either take them in or take them to a vet for PTS (less so the latter these days), then you will have more chance of getting them to listen.

Keep up the good work; I read somewhere the other day about a cat coming back after EIGHT years!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #20

I am sorry there is not better news about Phoebe just now Amber. The newspaper article is a very good way to let people know she is missing. I hope it does go out on the front page. I wish you all the good luck possible.