Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
27-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #41

Re: New kittens in a bad way

That's fantastic news!!!!!

I'm so glad the kittens seem to be picking up. Fingers crossed they continue to improve Surprising what a little love and good food can do

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 11 various
27-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
It's not so difficult. You just need to find out if the breeder is a responsible breeder before you go. Word of mouth works wonders and even if the breeders you are recommended are too far away or do not have a suitable cat/kitten, they might be able to direct you to someone they know is responsible and who is better situated. Having ads in papers isn't a recommendation. Although this isn't fool-proof, your chances are pretty good of getting a well-cared for animal that suits you and your life. Moggz - you ran into one of the (hopefully) rare cases when it sounds good, but is horrible. I'm honestly not trying to make out that you did anything wrong.
CP covers a good chunk of Britain and a fair few breeds, so asking here would be an option. I'm sure someone can give a "absolutely!" or "noway!" stylee comment or at least a few hints of defects and good points to look for.
I am very aware that I went about it the wrong way, and those of you who wish to smack my bottom can come round once the kittens are better :P

I would say that in Future I will go about it properly, but realistically with 12 cats, the only reason i would get another cat now would be if someone died (god forbid) and even in Felix is 20 - he will never die! I am hoping to get a good 20 years out of each of my cats.

But I am currently working on the principal that at least i have gotten these babies out of a bad situation into a good one.

Even though I now have 12 cats - all of them get the attention, medical care and food they require, they run loose around the house causing mayhem - yet my house doesn't smell and its clean and my kitties are happy. I put a lot time and effort into all of my babies. the only way that womans house can be that bad is because she doesn't care and is lazy.

And on a fab note - Husband just got a bonus from work - so im off to zooplus soon to buy a whole new load of cat-towers, i have some fab plans.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
27-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #43

At least you called to inquire first, to hear if she sounded ok, which she obviously did. May I call round to look at the cats instead? You did a really good thing for those kittens! and you're obviously working miracles now, as they are bouncing back to normality.

Many cats doesn't mean that they are in any way mistreated or unhappy. Just requires skill/luck to get cats that fit into the available space. Which in my case is just one at the moment. : /
It's horribly difficult to be a mad cat-woman with just the one, but I try my best.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #44

So pleased to hear the kittens are improving Moggz...........I congratulate you for getting them out of an unhealthy 'home'....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #45

Glad they are imroving still x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #46

glad to hear they are piking up.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 11 various
28-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #47

Daily Update:

We have had massive improvements overnight.

Saturnalia is a little piglet, eating really well this morning. she has also become vocal and active. She is crying for attention and moving around the cage. After a discussion with the vets, we felt that it would be safe for them to come into the lounge in their cage, and so they have now met the whole household and many of the cats are very taken with them.

They have both found their purrs!! and Sat in currently sprawled on my mum, purring away very contentedly after her medications and breakfast, but Sol is tearing around the living room on a free 15 minutes. Mainly picking on my big staffy - i see a real friendship there.

It is a Good Morning.

Mog

Catsey Junior

28-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #48

Well done ,its great to hear they are doing so well with your care and attention

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #49

I'm delighted they're both better, and equally delighted that you've managed to rescue them from a life of squalor and hell.

Well done you!!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #50

That's such good news Moggz!