Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
02-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #1

Our new girl

I promised to post a pic of our rescue cat, provisionally named ‘Bella’ by the rescue centre. She is due to move in with us later this month following the usual procedures (vaccinations, spay op. etc). We were warned that due to abusive treatment before she was rescued she may be rather nervous with strangers. When my brother went to meet her she confirmed all this by jumping on his knee and greeting him by touching noses!

This pic was taken by staff at in the shelter and from this angle she looks chubbier than she really is! I shall post more when she is in-residence with us

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies, 1 NFC & 1 Ragdoll
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #2

Re: Our new girl

aww what a sweet girl I think she'll look far happier and even healthier when she comes home.

Thanks for sharing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #3

She's lovely. doesn't look too happy in that pic, but who would being stuck in a rescue.? She'll flourish with you I know.

By the way, there must be a story about how a little feral cat from New Zealand ended up in England with you ..... ????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #4

"Bella" looks like a survivor, James. The way she greeted your brother though is very hopeful. Do let us know when she's with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #5

What a pretty girl. It won't be long until she is looking a real stunner!!

Catsey Junior

James is Male
03-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #6

Thanks for all your comments. It has taken several years for us to get around to adopting again. This is partly due to our personal circumstances (returning from New Zealand and me returning to college to complete my studies then research. Our extended family all have several cats, so with their encouragement we decided to offer a home to another little soul in need of love and care. Reading the posts on this forum has served to remind me just how non-humans enrich our lives, in this instance, cats. Bella will be greatly loved - Dunkley taught us well and our ability to care for another cat is her legacy.

Catsey Junior

James is Male
03-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #7

How Dunkley came into our lives and then travelled 13,000 miles to the UK is quite a story (as is the story of most rescue cats . I shall attempt to provide an answer as soon as I can decide how to do this.