Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #11

Re: Tabs

Aww it must be awful for you. Just keep calm and hope she returnes safely!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #12

Aww Random I'm so sorry. Iv'e been in your position and it's not nice. The not knowing.
I hope Tabs come's back. ((((((((()))))))) Hugs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #13

I am so sorry to read your post I really am they worry you when they are old but the not knowing would break me. Do you think she had another home (one you don't maybe know about, there again you would not know if she had one you did not know about forget that its babble) but maybe they had the same idea and took her to the vets cats are creatures of many identities sometimes. Why not put posters up or ask at local vets...you may find her that way.

But you have shown her only love and that will always be with her, forever and always.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #14

The fur you have found may indicate a fight Tabs has been in and feeling a bit sorry for herslef she may be nursing a wound somewhere which may lead her to take up residence with someone else. As she may fear returning only to be shooed away again( we have had older cats wonder in with no trace of owners). Shame seeing as there is a collar on Tabs though. You must be seriously stressed out ((((((())))))))hugs to you XXX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I am so sorry to read your post I really am they worry you when they are old but the not knowing would break me. Do you think she had another home (one you don't maybe know about, there again you would not know if she had one you did not know about forget that its babble) but maybe they had the same idea and took her to the vets cats are creatures of many identities sometimes. Why not put posters up or ask at local vets...you may find her that way.

But you have shown her only love and that will always be with her, forever and always.

Karen
Thanx kazz, we have had posters up for the last 3 weeks and have had posters in the vets and informed the vets too incase any cat matching her description comes in.

I don't think she did have another home Kazz as she only ever stayed in our house or teh garden, we have only been here 4 years just over and if ever you called her in she was straight there, never anywhere else just the house our our garden.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
The fur you have found may indicate a fight Tabs has been in and feeling a bit sorry for herslef she may be nursing a wound somewhere which may lead her to take up residence with someone else. As she may fear returning only to be shooed away again( we have had older cats wonder in with no trace of owners). Shame seeing as there is a collar on Tabs though. You must be seriously stressed out ((((((())))))))hugs to you XXX
Thank you bc. She was wearing a collar and tag but not chipped. She hasn;t lost a collar in years so I felt safe with that on her. Plus she never wandered.

Thank you Jac, it is the not knowing that is the worst, I think in convicing myself she's gone is just my way of coping, I can't handle the not knowing very well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #17

{{{Hugs}}} x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #18

Thinking of you in this difficult time. I really hope she does turn up. {{{Hugs}}}

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #19

I''m so sorry, Random. It's the not knowing that's so hurtful. The ginger tom I grew up with did that, just never came home one day, he was 17. Never had any closure...(((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #20

Thanx everyone.

Thanx DM it is definately the not knowing, I just keep thinking up scenarios of what might have happened to her. The exact same thing happened with my first cat Tom, he was a Tabby too, although I was only very young at the time I still remember it vividly when he went missing. Still no closure.