Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #1

Daily Thread -Friday

Morning all!

What a cold, dampy, misty morning it is. Makes me think of the streets of London in the Victorian era, Dr. Jekyll style. Very cold, and because of the damp it goes straight to your bones. But it gives me an excuse to wrap up warm in a big jumper and scarf

I've got the flat to myself this weekend, as OH has gone home to catch up with family. Am quite looking forward to it Partly because I do like 'me' time, and partly because absence does make the heart grow fonder and I'll look forward to seeing him on Sunday evening!

I'm thinking of painting the bathroom tomorrow. I came home from work y'day in a good mood and decided to clean bathroom and really scrub every inch rather than the normal weekly clean. It's an old bathroom, with a very...um, unique, bathroom set. Aubergene and salmon anyone?! Very 70s retro It's not dirty or smelly, but there is mildew on the walls. I scrubbed with anti-mould and the top layer came off but the walls themselves are stained with it I think. A fresh coat of white will really brighten it up

Also will get samples for the hall. When we first moved in OH and I painted the living room and spare room as the living room had grey dust stains above the radiator and behind the tv and looked very 'dull', as if the previous tenants had smoked a lot. So we repainted three walls cream and one wall 'thai magic' red - beautiful! And the spare room was painted a horrible nicotine-yellow and was covered in stains, including old, dried on food So it's now a nice neutral cream. The hall is the same horrible yellow, and also covered in scuff marks. We were planning on doing it when we moved in too but after doing two large rooms in a weekend, we were all painted out! So will get samples for the hall and try them out, then maybe paint that next weekend!

Any suggestions for colour? It's a narrow, long hall with no natural light and only one lightbulb at one end. The end near the front door is quite dark... So it needs to be bright and warm, but preferaby not white / cream as that's the backroom and hall! A bit of colour but not overbearing or it'll make the hall seem smaller still.

I'm extra sleepy this morning, I think because bed was so comfy and warm and it was so dark outside my body wasn't ready to get up But I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight, something to look forward to (It's our local coffee house that do amazing cheesy nachos. A treat for a Friday night!)

Have a good day everyone!

ETA: Apologies for the mini-epic of a post Not trying to hijack the thread before anyone else has replied!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread -Friday

Morning Meep,Soinds like you are going to be busy...Nothing like freshly painted walls... morning all..Dull here this morning, but no cold...The boys are all out for their morning stroll...Have a million things to do before I go away, just getting the urge to do them!!!!
Got a trolley dash this afternoon, and need to go to the Cash & Carry to stock up on Dog & Cat food....
Have a lovely day everybody...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #3

Morning all. It was sunny here this mornin, now it lokks like its gonna rain!

Its my day off today so Ive gotta clean my fish tank and do some house work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #4

Morning all...on lates today off to work about 12.30 back about 9.30.

Moli you sound excited even in your posts now.....hope you enjoy your time out.
Janey I always enjoy cleaning the fish tank out it gives you a feelin of satisfaction cause you can see the end result...have to be in the right mood though otherwise its a chore.

Meep....hmm I'll have a think about the paint colour but as a first thought how about pale green and a mirror is always good for throwing back any light available. so a well positioned mirror could be a goer. I am a green fan and like pale green it would also be inside out cort of colour linking gardena and home....flooring is important when having a dark area do you have wood/laminate or carpet? but any change looks good though,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #5

I love pale green Kazz, have it my kichen and utilityroom...

I am excited Kazz, new for me all this !!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #6

Hmm green is a good suggestion! Green is my favourite colour! I'm just not sure if the hall is too small. It's narrow, and not overly long. There's a light-wood laminate flooring throughout as well.

I've been thinking along the lines of warm, but light shades, of brown. Like 'cafe latte' or whatever they're called!

Will have to get some samples of green now though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #7

Just a quick hello from me - reporting back in etc etc. I'm a bit busy - which is a daft state to be in straight back from holiday, but I will be around tomorrow to catch up properly and see what everyone's been doing.
It's a glorious day here but it felt a bit nippy early this morning!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #8

Hi DM, good to see you back.....did you enjoy your holiday?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #9

Lovely thanks.
The weather could have been better - we had quite a lot of cloud - but it was still warm and pleasant etc. Probably good to save us shrivelling up to crisps. Lots of lovely Greek food and lovely friendly Greek people but nothing exciting to report - it was always meant just as a leisurely break.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
17-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #10

wow Meep loved your descroption of what it looked like this morning! i also think of them times when it is foggy!

can i join this thread?

im moving in 2weeks to my new place so i am buying carpets & also need to do a bit of painting.........(not me actually doing it, no one trusts me enough with a paint brush! *sniff!* lol!)

going to buy some stuff online now as i paid off my creditcard..........i shouldnt be let loose with one really! ill be good though.......... Honest! i really do need new plates....saucepans......my old ones are rubbish...really i do need a new lamp.......honestly!!