Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
03-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #1

Cat Litter

I'm trying to find somewhere to buy cat litter in bulk, that is very similar to the one I currently use. My boys apparently are fussy about their litter, and we've hit on a winner with the one we've got just now.

It's Tesco Premium Anti Bacterial Litter

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/8/xpi57988348.htm

It is made up of kind of hard stone-like grit. We tried using Oko's wood-chip when we first got them and they really didn't like using it.

The reason I want to find similar litter in bulk is I have to buy two bags of this every 4 days and carry it home!

I can't work out if it's clay, silica etc.

Has anyone used this before? I couldn't see on the bag 'ingredients' and doesn't actually say what the litter is made of. On Zooplus.com, all the cat litter is divided to 'clumping' , 'silica' or 'natural'. Natural is ruled out, as they didn't like woodchip. And I don't think they'd get on well with paper.

If anyone has used this and used a product similar, please do let me know!

Almost a Veteran Member

03-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #2

Re: Cat Litter

Have just done a bit of looking around, has anyone tried this:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c...e_litter/29960

It's Golden Grey Master. Has very good reviews and reasonably priced.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #3

I think you must have missed this thread meep - just a couple of weeks ago:-

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...ghlight=Litter

I am thinking about trying it myself for Merlin as he does tend to track and I am having to change all the litter every other day (Bio Catolit). Hope this helps.

Almost a Veteran Member

03-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #4

Thanks Angie!

I must have missed that thread, don't know how as I have been thinking about changing litter for a while

To be honest, the oko is the one we tried and I've seen World's Best before and don't think it would be suitable for them. I really am looking for one that's as close a match to the Tesco Premium as possible...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
06-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #5

what about mackro or costco? do they sell bulk cat litter?? cat/dog/animal things??

also i get mine from tesco could you have it delivered? like 10 bags and store it somewhere? we have a unused (yeyp empty unused!) entire cupboard here! so have stored 6 bags of the stuff, he uses about 8 / 10 litres every 3 weeks!