Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
30-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #1

what are Norwegians Forest cats like?

Their temprement? my partner has never been 'into' cats but since getting our kitten he is bowled over always playing with him....cuddling up to his 'baby'!!

and he even flicked through this months your cat mag!

this is from a guy who never liked or wanted a cat......! so i am suprised when he said 'ooo Norwegian Forests are my fav their next on the list'!

always been a favourite of mine, infact before we got our bengal x i was getting a NF, but a lady phoned her back about 30seconds before me and took the one i wanted!

couldnt find another one after that though!

so just wondered what their temprements are like? what are they like to own? ive read only good thigns about them so really excited as might be getting one next year now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: what are Norwegians Forest cats like?

I'm sure you've done some research on them, but might not have seen this site. It's CFA, our US equivalent of the GCCF...some info and pics. They're gorgeous, aren't they?

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/norwegian.html

Catsey Senior

31-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #3

oh wow thanks for thst link!!

only done a min amount of reading, but that was lovely to read! espically about the forest bit!

wanted to hear from some owners as its ok reading but real experiences are nice to hear to

just told my partner some more about them, he told me to have a look fro some breeders

if you know of any please give me a PM, might not be till next year but still want to look!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #4

I'm in the States so breeders list wouldn't be any help. Why don't you go on the GCCF site; they might have a link to Norwegian cats sites and breeders! Sounds as if you're really interested in those beauties...keep us posted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #5

I think these cats are stunning! If I ever wanted a long-haired cat (which I'm not sure I would) I'd go for one of these. I loved the quote in dandysmom's link -

“Mother Nature does not have hairdressers in the deep woods, so she did not design the cat to require the daily attention necessary to some other longhaired breeds.”

Catsey Senior

31-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I think these cats are stunning! If I ever wanted a long-haired cat (which I'm not sure I would) I'd go for one of these. I loved the quote in dandysmom's link -

“Mother Nature does not have hairdressers in the deep woods, so she did not design the cat to require the daily attention necessary to some other longhaired breeds.”
yah their so lovely!!

i love that bit too, thats the first thing is shouted out to the boyfriend!

thanks for that ill look on there!!

Catsey Senior

03-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #7

yippee! founds a great breeder!! have had to like quaddruple my budget though! did not realise how expensive these cats are!!

there going to update me of some litters next year, give us time to save!

SOO exctied! they sound really nice and cats are healthy & all reg etc!!

they ahve a stuning blue tortie for sale right now, wish i had the money now i would SOOO snap her up! *sigh!*

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #8

Would it be indelicate to ask how much is being charged for a kitten? I suppose they are fairly rare in this country.

Catsey Senior

03-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #9

hiya they are £400, we have £200, really didnt realise how much they were, or any ped cat really, my older cat was free and my kitten was £50.......!

all health tested GCCF reg stunning looking cats! after researching £375/£400 seems to be the average price for them around here & about 150miles our of where i live, looked all over! did find some for £250 said they were reg.

NFC crosses seem to be going at around £150, we we dont want a cross of this cat, want the real thing!

hope they have another blue tortie one like the one they have now it was soooo sweet! do not really mind the colour though, but it caught my eye lovely looking sweet eyes to!! *so excited!* will be my first 'ped' cat as well!

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #10

Ah well - you have time to save the rest! Of course, a different cat altogether may catch your eye in the meantime!!!