Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #11

Re: Kitty who -Loves- Water

My cat is so crazy! I believe I found out the real reason to why he is playing in his water. He seems to only do it right after he has used the litter box. Because the water is always very dirty after he plays in it. So, I think he is cleaning his paws! He dose have long hairs on the bottom of his paws, so I think maybe he his getting litter and other icky things stuck in fur or perhaps even stuck between his pads. He only started to do it with this new litter, which is extra scoop able. So now I ask you, to help him with not getting things stuck...would it be safe to snip the hairs a little closer to his paws?
-The mama of a very odd little cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
05-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #12

I think it would be okay to snip his paw hair, but perhaps a better idea would be to put another bowl down? A heavy one so that he can't knock it over, but so he can wash his paws in that and then still have drinking water??
The other idea I had was a water feature in the garden that he could slosh around in without making puddles in the house??
Good luck anyway!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
05-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #13

We had a male Tabby that loved water...he use to jump into full baths, tip over the bird bath, chase water that ran down the drain...loved rain...you name it, if it was to do with water he loved it. He eventually grew out of it but it took a few years

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #14

Oli used to love water, until he fell in my bath full of scoulding hot water. He is not so keen on the bath now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
08-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #15

Uh... wouldn't it be much better and safer to just change the litter to something that doesn't stick to his paws? *Before* it is a habit, rather than a solution to his dirty feet.

I think the rabbit-bottle is a better idea than the fountain. Rover manages to make a *right* mess with his and you then have the additional worry that the cat will scoop out/splash/remove enough water to lower the water-level enough to make the motor burn out. Our fountain has been bannished to the garage for that reason.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies!
09-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #16

You should count yourself lucky, my cat Newt loves vodka!! He can always tell if a drink has vodka in it and will hang around until your back is turned at which point he will be up there with his face in it lapping it up while wincing at the bubbles from the mixer popping on his nose!

He is a sod, but i loves him