Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #1

Daily Thread - Saturday 27th December

Can't believe there seems to be no daily thread?

Beautiful blue sky and very frosty here this morning. Very cold out.

People are probably all out at the sales?

I'm boiling up the chook carcass for soup for this evening's supper. Merlin has "gone off" all food except little titbits of roast chicken, hand fed of course! Little monkey, he's done so well recently.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Saturday 27th December

morning all.
christmas day for me as today is the celebration with the family.
leaving for my eight hours worth of driving and time with family soon.
a bit nervous and anxious but hopefully all will turn out all right.
take care and have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #3

Have a safe journey Tink and enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
27-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #4

Merry Christmas everybody, hope you all had a good day.
We have had a quiet Christmas and went out to visit family on Boxing day. Mike's dad has totally given up and doesn't even bother to get out of bed some days. He is not making a bad situation any better.
We have been to the vet today with 3 of the animals- Deli the dali ,as she has an ulcer in her eye and she was also blood sampled to see if her liver was continuing to deteriorate. Thankfully her ALT levels haven't increases since the last time.
Mustard was back for another blood test to find out at what stage his toxoplasmosis was, his pupils are reacting to light but we think he is visually impared, although the vet said we are lucky we caught it when we did.
Candy is going in for bloods and x-rays on Monday as she is continuing to be sick and I want to find out if anything nasty is going on. We will also be getting Misty (off food a bit) checked over and Smudge blood sampled as she weed in her bed yesterday, very worried it will be her kidneys.
So it looks like out year is going to end like it began- running into the vets.
I am now filthy as I have just cleaned out or wood burning rayburn, and Mike is cleaning out the rabbits. Will both need a bath tonight.
Maton, so sorry to read about your MIL, hope your husband is OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #5

hi everyone - beautiful day here blue sky but v cold. Shed thermometer said -3 brrrrr.

Took the four dogs to beach for a walk.

The farm dogs so rarely get a day off so we decided to go today. It was freezing wind but we were well wrapped up and the girls had a ball.

Being the kids taxi tonight which is a pain but at least I don't need to worry about them driving home later.

Hope there is somthing decent on TV tonight.

tink - drive safe and relax and enjoy the day with your folks.

Hope you have great day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
27-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #6

Had a lovely walk this morning in the frost and its not really thawed out at all. Another freezing night I think.

Just been to the sales and got a few bits in marks and some more food for tonight.

TV and relax tonight after a wee tidy up. Christmas cards are down to make way for the sympathy cards now arriving.

Merlin is not impressed with this cold weather. He is hogging the radiator in the airing cupboard as I type

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #7

Afternoon, all. The promised warm up hasn't come yet, gloomy, overcast with a raw East wind, but at least above freezing, 6C now. Did the usual Saturday library run amd am just staying inside where it's warm: I sympathize with Welsh Merlin! And sorry to hear Southern Merlin's appetite is off.... Tink, drive safely and hope you have a lovely belated Christmas with your family. Farthing, sad to hear that so many of yours are poorly; hope all will improve.

It's staying lighter a bit longer now...Spring will come!