Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
26-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #1

Boxing day daily.

Morning all. Weather is windy here so may get some washing out on the line today. Bess is the problem though as she likes to swing on the clothes and spin round.

Just had a bacon and egg toastie and a quality street choccy lol, ordered some jim jams from the M&S sale online. A girl just can't have enough pairs. They were per una ones to which are my favourite.

Need to take Milo out for a walk. Only 5 more days till Bess can join him yippee then its me off to work again.

Have a lovely relaxing day everyone after the excitment of yesterday.

Eileen - Get my gin ready from my return from work? Cheers x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
26-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #2

Re: Boxing day daily.

Morning all, been up about 2 hours.
We've got another busy day today. My grandads coming up here for a little bit then taking him back home and picking my other grandad up and going to my aunties for a party! I'll be driving so no drinking for me!!!

Its sunny n cold here. Have a great boxing day people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #3

Got called out for work at 3am this morning...some looser had put the window through and attaked a law abiding and innocent coke machine..........ignoring the "millions" of ££££££'s worth of stockin the store they had pretty much carte blanch access too...............got back home at 6.30am after the windows were boarded up the poilce and finger print people gone and the "people had turned up for work"

However came back went back to bed and now had bacon egg toast......lovely.

Have a good day all will take Sal out later and then just chill.....may have a look at the sales tomorrow....anyone seen anything good I'll start another thread.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #4

Hiya All! I worked today too, so I'm fair shattered now as I didn't get much sleep. On call for the unit til 8pm. Lovely that we had a baby boy born yesterday at 2am, so a Christmas baby for us midwives to coo over

Family are all fed and watered, I'm fit to burst on chocs and crisps. Now have to face cold meats and pickles for supper... lovely!

Have a lovely day, it's super weather here, blue skies cold but not icy; good country walking weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
26-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #5

Hello all. We are having a nice family day inside, just the4 of us. girls have just had their nails painted & finally managed to download some songs onto their new ipods and are now on the wii - playing their new games.
I'm just about to go & dye my hair {again}! Going very blonde this time. Wish me luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #6

Smudgley, we're going to want pics of the new hair, you know! Matron, the gin is always ready in my house... ... got a bottle of Beefeater yesterday...

A bit of sunshine but still unseasonable, only 0C, but a warmup coming for the weekend, will be up to 16!! Washington weather is very changeable. To the bank and Whole Foods, wanted to stop in the Post Office but horrendous line so changed my mind. Apparently everyone must have taken a day's vacation: the bus I normally board in the morning is usually packed, sometimes can't get a seat, and today I was the only passenger! And the same on the one I transferred to. The mall must be packed with people rerturning gifts and snapping up things on sale. I wouldn't be in that mess if you paid me.

Hope all have a restful Boxing Day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #7

So you don't normally have St Stephen's Day off in USA Eileen? I know you don't have "Boxing Day" like we do.

I'm a gin fan - mainly in the summer as a long drink I admit, but OH bought me a lovely bottle of ould genever and I am just having my first glass now. I can't describe the taste - but presume it must be the malt grain. It is very warming and as the temperature outside is dropping quickly, I shall be grateful of the warmth that is in my throat and tummy! Reminds me most of the Italian grappa - although it is quite different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenever

You are all most welcome to come and sample some!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
26-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #8

Blue Bombay sapphire gin here with tonic and a slice of lime

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #9

So what do you all do on boxing day,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #10

I'm funny about colored gins. Years ago we tried a bottle of Seagrams Golden Gin ,,,,it made the martinis look as if they had too much vermouth, even though they didn't. Just sort of off-putting ....... guess I'm strange.

Edited: Angie, Kazz, no we don't have Boxing Day off here; although I suspect most people took the day off anyway if the empty buses this morning were an indicator ...and the traffic was light also.