Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #61

Re: New to Catsey & need advice on my 1st ever pregnant cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcspik
Thanks for that. It's coming up to a year now since I lost him, so he has been on my mind lately. He was my first proper kitty and also my first FIV kitty.
Ditto! My first cat Gem was pts 27th of August 2008 at the grand old age of 21. Thus, she is also very much on my mind at the moment also!
How old was Jack? And was it the FIV that he succumbed to?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
07-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #62

Our local CP will neuter free for those on benefits.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
08-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Our local CP will neuter free for those on benefits.
That is not true of all CP's. Mine (well the one I volunteer for) will only give out the vouchers which will cover part of the cost.

catwoman: Jack was pts because of kidney failure in the end.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #64

There are lots of opportunities for free neutering.

You do not neccessarily have to be in receipt of any benefits to have a part or full cost voucher from CP (depending on individual policies of local branches)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
There are lots of opportunities for free neutering.

You do not neccessarily have to be in receipt of any benefits to have a part or full cost voucher from CP (depending on individual policies of local branches)
When I found my three ferals living in the coal shed I already had two other cats. I contacted local CP asked if they would assist with neutering and I would house, feed and vaccinate for their lifes. They sent me vouchers for all three. SInce then I do a small fund raise for them every year. They do a great job and many cats are betteroff thanks to them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcspik
That is not true of all CP's. Mine (well the one I volunteer for) will only give out the vouchers which will cover part of the cost.

catwoman: Jack was pts because of kidney failure in the end.
I did say my local branch, I cant vouch for others, although Im fairly sure they will all help in some way. There is still no excuse, its hardly the most expensive thing in the world.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
09-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #67

I have to stick my nose in this thread. I use the pdsa and had simon and kay vac, chipped and neutered there at a fraction of the cost simon was done because it was an emergency though. I apply every six months to have my entitlement renewed. Kado and Guinness i got neutered at a private vet. Troy, Chester and lucky where all neutered at my vets with a cats protection voucher. The voucher covers just the spey there they dont include the ab jab or the pain jab. I will have my Gabriela spey as soon as the vets will allow her to be done. She has about 11 days to go now. I havent posted very much on here as i or anybody deserve the critism that they get sometimes. The majority of people come on here to ask for her not be sl****d off. If a vister that found this site looked through all the threads they would probaly not join in case they got shouted at. On the other hand i respect people views but keep it pleasant as possible. I was going to end my membership on here but i still will need help and your all a part of simon and kays family.
I wish you good luck with the kitties

jane

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #68

Only the people who 'the cap fits' will take offense!!!!
The thread was a tiny bit harsh, but if you read it carefully Jessiesmum was the one who took offense to good advice,and kicked off the arguement. I gave her the medical advice she was looking for in a pleasant manner but she ignored my post, with no thanks, instead she carried on baiting poor Elaine and Borderdawn.... To be honest I think Jessiesmum was just a troll looking for trouble!!!!!
Kado I could say more, but I am new to this forum and won't. But have been a guest for many months, WATCHING!!! And I respect what Elaine has to say VERY much.
Mmmmmmm too many cats with very little knowledge, lifting what could be someones pet and can't handle the truth me thinks!
Kado, I wouldn't be so quick to criticise the people you want help and info from. Just a word in your shell like....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #69

I do take realy offense to your attitude towards me. I have a right to comment havent i like you have just done. I have never lifted any cat let alone any animal. The 3 strays i took in aged between 5 wks and 2years where all abandon. They couldnt find any chip on them what so ever. I informed every vet and rescue place around my area for all three of them. I also informed the pdsa and rspca as well they both have my number. I am not critising anybody just voicing a oppion.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #70

I agree with Kado. If you can't be polite and considerate then don't post.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=33591