Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #11

Re: pedigree cats

I have 2 Persians currently; 1 was bought from a breeder 14 1/2 years ago the other is a rescue. I have had 2 others in my time - again another rescue and another from a kitten.

Just because you want a pedigree doesn't preclude you from going down the rescue route. For instance - many people are scared off Persians because of the need to groom them; which in reality isn't as onerous as it's made out. There are breeed-specific rescues out there but both my Persians came from CP.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #12

Re: pedigree cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I have 2 Persians currently; 1 was bought from a breeder 14 1/2 years ago the other is a rescue. I have had 2 others in my time - again another rescue and another from a kitten.

Just because you want a pedigree doesn't preclude you from going down the rescue route. For instance - many people are scared off Persians because of the need to groom them; which in reality isn't as onerous as it's made out. There are breeed-specific rescues out there but both my Persians came from CP.

I just wouldn't know how to go about introducing cats together when they are adults. One of my moggies can be extremely temperamental