Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 females
22-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #1

Pregnant Cat

hi there im new here...
i think my cat may be pregnant, she went "wandering" about 3 weeks ago (for a week) before this she was never intrested in going out but one day she just ran out of the door and didnt come back for a week (a very distressing week for me) well she has been back for about 2-3 weeks now and im not sure if she is pregnant... her nipples have gone from creamy milky white to pinky red she dont really like anyone touching her belly but i have had a feel and i cant find any thing (little walnut sized lumps) in her lower belly... any suggestions???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
22-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #2

Re: Pregnant Cat

It does sound like she maybe pregnant but the pinking up can also indicate she is coming back into call. This is unlikely if she was in call when she disappeared for a week.

How old is she?

It is also extremely possible that on top of being pregnant she could also have contracted FeLV or FIV if she has mated to cat with either or both of these. These can be passed to her kittens which is extremely dangerous and potentially fatal for both mum and babies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #3

Sorry if this sounds rude but why wasn't she spayed before she got out? I'd get her spayed once she's had the kittens (assuming abortion isn't an option) and when the vet advises it.

(We all know about the overpopulation problem, even the OP, I'm just trying to find out the events leading up to her cat getting pregnant)

22-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Sorry if this sounds rude but why wasn't she spayed before she got out?
ill be honest with you... she was never intrested in going out... we could leave the windows and doors open and she would never go anywhere near them like i said then one day she just shot out completly unlike her thats why we never got her nuterd...

as payday is in a matter of two weeks (unfortunatly had to pay out other important things) we will get her to the vets (both of them that is) and get them neutered...

but was just wondering...

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #5

How old is she?

22-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #6

she is 1 year and 2 weeks old

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #7

She should have been spayed six and half months ago then.

I do hope for her sake she isnt pregnant and if she is that the male/males she has mated with are not infected with any of the mentioned diseases or any thing else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
22-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #8

Indoor cats should always be neutered/spayed and this proves it. Sorry if I offend anyone by saying but it's the truth. Accidents can happen.

When you take her in ask the vet if your cat's pregnant and if he/she can abort the pregnancy. I'd advise you to have the pregnancy aborted if possible, there's so many cats and kittens looking for new homes who are in danger of being put to sleep if homes are not found and if you let her have the kittens and find homes for them you are sentencing those cats and kittens to death (the ones in rescue)

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #9

You should also ask the vet to test her for FeLV & FIV.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #10

Agree 100% with the advice given above.