Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #11

Re: bad bad food!!

I feed betz natures menu! She loves it

Sorry to hear about your pussycat x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #12

Hi mummsy,

A really interesting post thanks for sharing.

You mention the bad foods, but say along your research you have found some really good food (that isn't expensive).

Could you please share with us all the best foods you've found?

I don't yet have a cat but will be adopting two from the local Shelter when I move flat and am already considering how best to care for them! I will be on a tight budget though, but hate to think of giving my cats recycled leather and cardboard!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #13

I would second meep's appeal above to let us know which of the inexpensive foods you've found to be better ones. I notice you mentioned Tesco's Finest. I shall be looking at that one certainly. My cat is 22 in July and was on prescription low pH diet for many years. About 2 years ago he refused point blank to eat it any more and has been on Felix or Whiskas since. I am not really worried about what's in his food, my only concern is the amount that he eats, which is good at the moment. I do shop at Tescos so will try their finest range and see how he gets on with that.

Can I be nosey and ask whether you have a veterinary or a dietary background?

Catsey Junior

09-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Can I be nosey and ask whether you have a veterinary or a dietary background?
It's a long time in research! she's made this a mission and it's paid off for her! Mummsy has helped so many- including me all the way across the pond in Texas! I went from Science Diet to Innova. I could buy 2 bags of Science Diet for what I pay to get Innova, but it's so worth it!

Catsey Junior

09-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #15

Shes helped me too, im not well off but i will always do the best for my animals because that is my responsibilty. Natures menu, Tesco's finest are both reasonable for what they are, Betula's appetite is satisfied more on less food because its good quality.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #16

Are you lot on commission from Tescos or something? Many people have posted many interesting threads on here too, not just about Tescos finest either.
This thread is becoming annoying quite frankly.

Catsey Junior

09-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #17

I live in Texas so no, I have nothing to do with Tescos- I don't even know what kind of store it is. We're from another Bengal site and Mummsy was the go to person on there about people questions about cat food. That's all. I really don't see what's so annoying about this!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #18

It's become annoying because the original post was a bit condesending from the offset and has since turned into some homage to Mumsy.
We have many threads in this section about pet foods/diet and nutrition. If I were joining another forum I would be looking at those to see what the people on the forum are about before I began preaching at them.
I have no objections to people with new info, who explain their findings to benefit others etc but all this is, is how bad whiskas is, nothing new there, and how good tescos finest is.
I just find it all very patronising and a little insulting that Mumsy thinks that none of us here have looked into what we feed our cats already.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals
Sweeney Todd is Male
09-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #19

Easy tiger....
She's only trying to help....Not upset anyone..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #20

I tend to agree Elaine. I have been posting here for a few years now and this topic has been discussed many times. I have owned cats for many years too and they were fed whiskas and felix and, without exception all lived to grand old ages. I am careful what I feed my cats, but there are lots of factors involved in the choice. I do try to give them food that don't contain 'animal derivatives' (I bet Tesco's finest does!!! ) such as Natures menu & hi-life, but I' afraid they still prefer Felix 'as good as it looks'!! Anyway, they are all healthy and happy, so that is the most important thing.