Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-02-2023, 05:33 AM   #1

Very wet Wednesday.

Good morning ladies,
Wednesday 5pm here and it's been very very windy all day with very heavy rain as well. We are apparently getting the tail end of Cyclone Gabrielle that has destroyed many parts of the upper North Island over the last couple of days .The severe flooding and landslides up there has now caused at least 4 deaths and the farmers have sadly lost a lot of their stock. Now the whole of New Zealand is under a state of national emergency as our South Island is experiencing severe flooding as our rivers rise and many of our roads are now closed. I just hope we don't lose power tonight, which is quite likely.

Jared came around yesterday and gave me a new computer nuc and so far ,it seems to be working OK. Janna and I went shopping yesterday morning at our local supermarket but I couldn't get the tinned cat food that I wanted ,so today, despite warnings to stay home if possible, I took a bus to St. Martins New World.. Of course i soon found out that there was widespread flooding all over the place and the bus had to take many detours before finally getting there. Luckily i was able to grab 14 cans of fancy Feast cat food and managed to catch the next bus back. Two hours later ,all the buses were pulled off the roads ,so I was very lucky to get back home again. Of course I got thoroughly soaked in the process, but it was worth it.

Cats are all OK. Snoddy is still sleeping a lot but then so are the others. he didn't want to go out in the rain early this morning because it was far too wet, and I doubt if the others will want to go out tonight either. The only ones that are out there now are about 100 wee birds waiting for their food tonight. Janna's going to feed them soon.

Mint rissoles for tea tonight in a mint gravy and I've got a couscous and eggplant salad to have with them as well. It's raining very heavily at the moment and I see a couple of palings have come off the side fence. It's far too wet to go outside right now to nail them back ,but I'll have to do that tomorrow if possible.

PAMELA, I hope you and Steven are both well and your living room work is progressing . Make sure you are able to get a bit of rest as well. You've done so well so far.I bet you're getting excited about going to Crufts - it's not far away now.

SHELLEY, I'm so glad you gave that rude woman on the beach a piece of your mind the other day. i bet you didn't use such choice words as I did though. However you've got to stick up for your own animals. Hope you, Howard and Chris are doing well and getting through your winter OK.

Well ladies, not sure if it was your Valentine's Day yesterday ,like it was here. If it was ,I hope you had a good day and spent it with your loved one. Snoddy gave me a Valentines day card (he's such a clever boy) and a nice nightgown with kitties on it. !!!

Have a great Wednesday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-02-2023, 04:32 PM   #2

Re: Very wet Wednesday.

Hello ladies, yes it was valentines day yesterday but we didn't celebrate.
Got a week of work so I'm catching up with friends.
Dinky, so glad you got home safely yesterday, hope you didn't get a power cut.
Pamela, how is the decorating going?
Did you and Steven celebrate valentines day?