Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #21

Re: Are there a lot of readers on here??

Just started a book titled "Every dead thing" by John Connolly, never read any of his books. I will report back

Almost a Veteran Member

03-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #22

I got a James Patterson, Agatha Christie, Kathy Reichs and Michael Marshall today. Only one Ken Follet book, and it was too thick with what I had already picked up. Only one Faye Kellerman and it was in hardback. I can't wait for the local library to open, I might have more luck with some of these authors.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booktigger
I got a James Patterson, Agatha Christie, Kathy Reichs and Michael Marshall today. Only one Ken Follet book, and it was too thick with what I had already picked up. Only one Faye Kellerman and it was in hardback. I can't wait for the local library to open, I might have more luck with some of these authors.
Which James Patterson did you get? I have The Fifth Horseman on hold at the library. Think you may like Kathy Reichs!

Almost a Veteran Member

04-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #24

Violets are Blue, but I am wondering if I have read it before!! Not sure if we have that in our library yet, they do have a recent one but I think it might be the one before that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
17-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #25

What's the Labyrinth like? I brought it along to read during the holidays, but only got as far as "The thinking woman's literature(?)" and found I couldn't. Re-read "Starfish" and "Maelstrom" instead.
Always bring some light reading, one book by a new (to me) author and one or two tomes (Cat genetics and Data mining this time. My friends just look at these and shake their heads. Love learning and both subjects interest me.)
My parents have two pictures of me that they call "before and after learning to read fluently". The former depict little girl amongst wild flowers, the latter shady room with small nose stuck firmly to the pages of a book. I haven't really surfaced since. I read almost the whole library in the town I grew up. I read cornflakes packages, signs, scraps with letters, anything. (And that's a curse, trust me. Lots of really stupid and/or irritating things written down.)

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #26

The Labrynth wasn't a real page turner; dragged quite a bit but never enough to put it down; wanted to see how it all turned out. You might like The Last Templar...maybe a little overly melodramatic in a few places, but a good read in my opinion. I'm another avid reader; have had, as my mother once said, my nose stuck in a book ever since I learned to read! Do you like Kathy Reichs, Ruth Rendell, John Grisham, Elizabeth Peters, to name some of my favorites? Have the new Rendell (Barbara Vine) - Minotaur, on my unread book pile as well as the new Patterson - The Fifth Horseman. Just finished Elizabeth Peters Tomb of the Golden Bird. Get my books at the library, hate to pay $29.95 for a new hardback ! Buy used paperbacks from Amazon sellerss & also pick up at the local flea market for .25...good deal!! I have done some reading on cat genetics: it is fascinating but difficult! Nice to hear from another reader!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
17-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #27

I'll have a go at The Last Templar, then. We seem to have favorite authors in common. Library here is rubbish. Seems to be all part 5 of 8 in series, and rarely something new and exiting. I trawl the secondhand-book- and charity-shops. And yes, Amazon Marketplace and eBay.
Genetics; Still need to find that breeder who will let me ask a million questions and look at the process in the fur. Daren't ask Rover's, as I would definitively fall in love with too many of his siblings and end up in the dog-house here at home.

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #28

Do let me know what you think of The Last Templar! Have you read Cell? I enjoyed that quite a bit; some of it a bit implausible, but you know the expression "willing suspension of disbelief"!! Good read! Have you read any of Sujata Massey's ...series about a Japanese-American art dealer who gets involved in a lot of involved situations both in San Francisco but mostly in Japan...not only interesting characters, but learn a lot about Japanese art, customs, etc. but not in a didactic way...I like learning things on the side while I'm enjoying a good read!

Almost a Veteran Member

19-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #29

I read a Kathy Reichs book this week, thought it was absolutely fab!! And I hadn't read the James PAtterson book, that was good. Am just reading an Agatha Christie book. My local library is due to be open by the end of the month, they have been renovating it since Jan, so have had to use a different library that I don't like that much. So am going to re-read some of my books (had to take them all out to decorate the back room, and found some that I forgot I had!!) till it opens - think I have just pulled out the two adult Roald Dahl books, a couple of James Herbert, and Bridget Jones. Hopefully those 8, plus the 3 I still have will be enough!!

Catsey Veteran

20-04-2006, 05:08 AM   #30

It's maddening when your favorite branch library is closed, isn't it! My Tenley library was closed last year for demolition & complete rebuilding; City Council has been squabbling about details ever since & nothing has been done yet!!! AAARGHHH!! I knew all the staff there & was greeted by name when I came in...going to Georgetown branch now, & OK, but not the same. Just started The Fifth Horseman tonight; starting out well. Have you read any of Gerald Durrell's animal books? A Zoo in My Luggage, etc....oldies but still good.Best, Eileen