Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #21

Re: So sad; so sudden

Oh Yola - what a shock for you and what a sad time.
In a little while you will be able to look back and be happy that it was mercifully swift and that Darcy's quality of life remained until the end.
Look forward to the time when you will be able to look back with just happy memories and without today's sadness.
x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
24-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #22

oh yola i dont no what to say

RIP darcyx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #23

Thank you so very much for your kind words and messages. I'm a bit shell-shocked still. Was horribly sick last night and hardly slept. I really didn't think I would be this affected by a pet's loss - I was nowhere near this distraught with Ferdy.

Darcy was in the garden with us on his harness up until about 5.45, I brought him, he did his usual, very unsociable poo and beetled off upstairs. I went up 5 or 10 minutes later to put Cbeebies on for Domi and Darcy was lying by the side of the sofa. It struck me as a bit odd coz he usually lies on the sofa against the cushions. I went over to him but he wasn't breathing.

Dominik, bless his little heart suggested giving him Calpol to 'make him better amd wake him up'.

I wrapped him in my cream pashmina, took a final picture of him . . . and this morning we took him to the vet who will organize his cremation at Diginity. And I will then have 2 sleeping cats on my dresser here to say goodnight to each evening

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
24-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #24

Oh Yola I am so very sorry that you Lost Darcy so suddenly... I hope and pary you get through this upset and remember the happy times ((((((((Hugs)))))))) love Wendy xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #25

Yola, I can sympathise totally with you. We tend to take our beloved pets for granted. Thinking they will always be with us. Of course in out hearts they will be. My thoughts are with you and your family at this heart breaking time.
((((((())))))) Jac xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #26

Very moving Yola, reading you have them close to you to say goodnight each evening x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #27

Oh Yola xxx
Dear sweet Darcy, did the vet offer any sort of suggestion as to why he died so suddenly?
Such a sad time for you hun xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #28

I am sorry to hear your sad news Yola. At least he enjoyed his last evening in the love of his family x

RIP Darcy x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
24-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #29

Yola so sorry for the loss of Darcy the time we have them is never long enough but its nice to say goodnight to them we are now up to 5 cats and the dog on the shelf in our bedroom and I say goodnight every night

The are only ever borrowed never owned but forever a pawprint in our hearts

Again so sorry we lost bertie 2 weeks ago so like you the pain of the loss is still very fresh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Dear sweet Darcy, did the vet offer any sort of suggestion as to why he died so suddenly?
We thought long and hard about an autopsy, but at the end decided against it - I don't like the idea of his little body being carved up. Silly and irrational, I know, but we hang on to these things in sad times

The only suggestion really was that there was some kind of congenital heart (assuming of course that it was a heart attack), as being a persian and a bit malformed round the face could indicate some other kind of defect.

Whatever it was, it was quick and not painful as he didn't look startled, alarmed or distressed