Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #11

Re: Monday blues

Thanks all he is a little monkey he really is, but I love him to bits.
Well yes it poured own and we all got wet and very very cold but we ha a really good day, kids loved it.
Eileen I hope your appointment goes well xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #12

Hello all.

April showers here again, but generaly good weather. Day off today have picked up a bit of shopping and took Mom to the hospital she has a heart monitor on for 24 hours...Dad has read the information sheet and is now logging her every move to the sheet (which actually says) write down your general daily activities..HOWEVER Dad has read it as everything she does, touches even breathes and is writing for example...12.25pm subject (that is Mom) rose from the table and walked up 14 stairs to bathroom.. across landing (approx 16 steps)into bedroom closed window then back down stairs to living room sitting in armchair, resting.
Think the hospital will have to dedicate a person to readin the diary. She is even banned from knitting because he has to write down how long she is knitting. Glad its just 24 hours..... You cannot tell him and he is really worried always is with anything to do with Mom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #13

hoping all the best for your app with the surgeon eileen, kazz sounds like your dad is taking great care of your mum, hope the monitor shows nothing bad!

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
hoping all the best for your app with the surgeon eileen, kazz sounds like your dad is taking great care of your mum, hope the monitor shows nothing bad!
All I can say is good job he is not wearing a monitor. His stress levels would be sky high.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #15

Karen your dad reminds me of mine. My dad is very precise as well, he once did a spreadsheet of everything in the freezer, the idea was that if anything was used from the freezer it had to be crossed off (stock control ) it screwed him up when my mum wouldn't cooperate.
Angie and Kate i'm more upset at the way i've been treated , re the job, i can hardly believe the manager didn't ring me.
kate sorry your job is so hectic.
Hoping Eileen has gone on ok with her appointment

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Karen your dad reminds me of mine. My dad is very precise as well, he once did a spreadsheet of everything in the freezer, the idea was that if anything was used from the freezer it had to be crossed off (stock control ) it screwed him up when my mum wouldn't cooperate.
Angie and Kate i'm more upset at the way i've been treated , re the job, i can hardly believe the manager didn't ring me.
kate sorry your job is so hectic.
Hoping Eileen has gone on ok with her appointment
Oh he does that too........gets really irritated if Mom does not co operate. His is not a spread sheet but a hand written sheet with item/qty/use by date.... ........he does it with the cupboards on occasion too. When the mood takes him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #17

That really mae me Laugh Kazz talk about stressing your Mum out...whats he gonna do when she goes to sleep ??

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
That really mae me Laugh Kazz talk about stressing your Mum out...whats he gonna do when she goes to sleep ??
Write it down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #19

Kazz. it isn't really funny, as your Dad is just being conscientious and doing what he thinks needs to be done. but the way you describe it had me in the giggles!!

Surgeon appointment went well: she described the operation, what to do/expect before and after. etc. Op is about 3 hours, recovery 5 - 7 days. possible rehab briefly after discharge. PET scan tomorrow, similar to te CAT scan ... where DO they get these names?

Anyhow, home at last, thank God, out of these same clothes! Christopher set up the oxygen tank and tubing for me, so I can get around without any problems ... can get upstairs to bed, which was a worry. And can finally fix my own dinner!!

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Kazz. it isn't really funny, as your Dad is just being conscientious and doing what he thinks needs to be done. but the way you describe it had me in the giggles!!

Surgeon appointment went well: she described the operation, what to do/expect before and after. etc. Op is about 3 hours, recovery 5 - 7 days. possible rehab briefly after discharge. PET scan tomorrow, similar to te CAT scan ... where DO they get these names?

Anyhow, home at last, thank God, out of these same clothes! Christopher set up the oxygen tank and tubing for me, so I can get around without any problems ... can get upstairs to bed, which was a worry. And can finally fix my own dinner!!
Your own food, Yeah.............

Sometimes Eileen as you know if you did not make light/fun
of situations you could go loopy.

Glad the appointment went well. So in hospital for about 7 days max then. Will you be allowed home by yourself or have to stay with someone?