Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #1

Monday blues

Morning everyone.

Well Denis was a little monkey yesterday. I went to feed the horses that live on the field at the bottom of my garden and as usual he got jealous, was howling etc. So I went to stroke him and usually he will be all over me (reclaiming me) cuddles, lots of loves etc....this time he went for me!! took a chunk out my finger and scratched my wrist and then took a jump up at me and scratched my other arm as I walked away.
He got shouted at and ignored for a while. We have made up since but thats the feral in him...he goes too far sometimes.

Going out with some primary kids today and its a bit cold today and looks like the threat of rain. Really feel like staying in bed boooooooooooo
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #2

Re: Monday blues

Oh BC - sorry about Denis' attack. I suppose it was akin to a jealous rage (I know that's anthropomorphic!) My Merlin always used to be unpredictable, less so as he aged but he would be loving and purring one moment and have my arm in his mouth the next. I certainly can tell the difference between Kizzy and Pip's mouthing and a full blown attack. Hope your sore bits heal quickly and that you can enjoy your day with the kids. Cross fingers no rain.

Lovely here atm if a bit chilly. We had a bit of frost last night. Luckily seeds are covered up in the greenhouse, I get a bit jumpy once they've sprouted.

OH is mowing the grass because rain is forecast for tomorrow. I have housework this morning and planting some more seeds this afternoon.

Have a good day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #3

morning BC and Anigie and all those to follow

Sorry to hear that Denis attacked you. Hope your ok.
Angie, sounds like you have a busy day in the house an the garden.

My Monday started with getting up and having no butter for toast and very little milk so will need to take a trip to asda later. Im just doing the housework today to get it out of the way as im helping my sister out with childcare a few days this week. Mamma mia at the weekend was fantastic!! very late night then work the next morning!

Hpe you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #4

Morning all! Work first thing, now back home and having a coffee which OH kindly made for me, he also hoovered while I was out! Got a full diary this week, nails this afternoon, hair tomorrow, dental hygenist Wednesday morning and work in the afternoon, phew! that's what counts as exhausting when you're officially retired. The sun is shining very nicely here now but it was very chilly first thing, take care of those seedlings Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #5

afternoon all! sorry to hear about denis' attack bc!
angie, the oh cut our grass yest, first chance we've had so far with the weather!
its a miserable day here, heavy rain and wind so think il just stay in today no plans for today, had a long lie in think il make chilli for dinner, yum!! OH is out in glasgow for a concert tonight so il have peace and quiet!
good day to all that follow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #6

Hi all. Weird weather: supposed to reach 80 F this afternoon, then a cold front and back to equally unseasonanle 50s. I miss my weather app.

Have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon, then hopefully, home .... I'll be so glad to get home....

BC, ouch! Angie, I was in the hospital at seed starting time, but wouldn't have been able to tend the plants in the back garden any way, sad. Lynz, hope you enjoy the chili. MrsH, busier now than when you were working. Hope you got butter and milk, Pam.

Have a good day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom

Have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon, then hopefully, home .... I'll be so glad to get home....
Eileen, I hope all goes well with the surgeon this afternoon *hugs*

It will be nice for you to be back in your own home after.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #8

afternoon all, not the best of days for me. Have no job now, finished with LCC, the manager of the nursery asked me to do some casual hours this week so i wrote what i could do and she was pleased i could help out. However she didn't even bother getting back to me and so last week on my last day i couldn't tell the rest of the staff whether i would see them again or not .
I feel she has been so rude and not fit to be a manager realy.
Eileen hope your appointment goes well.
Pamela i'm glad you enjoyed mama mia, bet it was fantastic.
BC hope your bite heals ok and you don't get too wet today.
MrsH sounds like you are having a busy week
Angie, hope you got your seeds planted
Lynz, enjoy your chili and peaceful evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #9

Eileen - good luck with your appointment - I'll be thinking about you.

Shelley ((((hugs))) it's hard not to let it get you down I know. I really hope something will turn up very soon for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #10

Hi all...

Ouch - that does Not sound nice BC. *hugs*

Eileen - thoughts with you this aft... good luck on getting home.

Shelley - more *hugs* for you. Jobs are such an important, and rare, commodity right now.

I'm feeling the strain a little right now - working life all changed, so it's different, and my office afternoons are looking hectic. Not too sure when am going to finish each day yet - have decided that on different afts for the ret of the week (tomorrow-thurs) I've got specific tasks I need to get through before I stop. I can do more if I need, but I cannot do less! Otherwise everything which needs to be done just won't!

Oh well then!!!

Oh, and got back to find Cloud attacking the carpet with her claws... Um, I don't think so wee one!!!