Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
17-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #1

It's cold!

We've had to have the heating on all day today because it's just been that cold! Beauty's just wanted to huddle up on the spare bed all day, it's been to cold for the poor treasure to even move! (Apart from to do the essentials!)

Anyone else found it really cold?

I'm logging off for tonight anyway, so hope to see you all on here tomorrow with more news about Beauty!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
17-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #2

Re: It's cold!

I have been roasting although I feel I'm coming down with something! Drat and double drat!!!

I have been in a vest top and long shorts today Came back from Portugal 2 weeks ago and I'm still determined it's hot and sunny lol. Ok then, maybe not

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #3

It's pretty chilly on my side of the Pond also...27 yesterday, 18 today! Brrrrr!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #4

It's been cold here. But again, because I think I've been running a slight temperature due to this blasted cold, I've veered between roasting and freezing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #5

It's been bright and sunny here today - warm in the sunshine and pretty chilly out of it. We also have had the heating on tonight plus the woodburner!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
I have been roasting although I feel I'm coming down with something! Drat and double drat!!!

I have been in a vest top and long shorts today Came back from Portugal 2 weeks ago and I'm still determined it's hot and sunny lol. Ok then, maybe not
You can send some of that heat over here! Beauty will welcome it!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
18-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #7

I definately left it over there im afraid.

I know, I'm selfish!!

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #8

Wouldn't have passed Customs anyway ......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
19-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #9

It's been on and off really cold here. It's that annoyed phase where one day it's freezing, so the next day you wrap up extra warm and two minutes out the door you start to break a sweat as it's actually quite mild, in a stormy way.

But we've been putting our heating on over the weekends now. I thought Darcy and Minsky might start to feel the cold, but when the heatings on (only mild, not blasting) they actually sit on the window sill in the spare room, the coldest part of the whole flat They do have thick coats though, and I suspect they might get a bit thicker come the dead of Winter. Can't wait to see them when they do!

I love the cold in a way, it means you can wrap up in gorgeous soft jumpers, scarves (which I love wearing all the time anyway), wee beanie hats, furry boots, and also at liberty to eat more food too, got to insulate inside and out

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #10

I generally seem to agree with you on most things, Meep, but part ways when it comes to cold..... I loathe it! Hate having to wrap up in layers and layers and still feel cold waiting for the bus. July - shorts and tank top for me!