Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
04-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #1

Hi

I am not new, but I havent posted for a number of years.

I live in North East Wales, UK. I have 3 cats atm, though sadly one of my cats is coming to the end of his life so I wont have him for long. The vets told me that the FIV virus is active so he is slowly dying. At the moment he's quite active and alert and just a bit skinny. The plan is to enjoy him and when his weight loss becomes unacceptable, to pts. His name is Pickle, he is a tabby male with no tail. He is 14 1/2. I have had him for 4 1/2 years.

My second cat is called Tigger, she is 10 years and 5 months. I have had her since she was 5. She is a tortie and white. She is also FIV positive.

My latest cat is called Eric, I have had him just over a year. He is 2 1/2 years old and is a mad fool as he loves to run around at top speed and chase his tail. He is also FIV positive, and has been ear tipped because he was caught with a load of ferals, as he had been living with a feral colony. But they discovered at the vets that he wasnt feral. He is black.

I am a sucker for tabby males, my previous cat was also a tabby and white, and FIV positive. He only had one eye, but he was such a cheeky monkey that he was as much work as 3 of them. When Pickle goes, I will be on the eye out for another FIV + tabby male.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Re: Hi

Hello, yes I remember your username! Welcome back. You're obviously a very experienced FIV owner . . . I have only had one FIV cat but he was a joy to have. I couldn't insure him so his treatment cost me a fortune but it was worth every penny and we were happy to make his last few years warm and happy ones (he was abandoned and found our garden and then our kitchen ).

Bless you for taking these FIVs in . . . when most people won't touch them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #3

Hello and welcome back, I too remember your username.

I love tabbies too! So glad that these needy wee cats find a lovely home with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
08-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #4

Hi - look forward to chatting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #5

Hello, yes I remember you! I had a long time out of Catsey too but now I'm back and feel like I've never been away

I have 2 more cats in my family, Pandora and Pearla and my first lady, Posh. Happy to know you have joy with your babies and care for them with FIV, thank you for your compassion xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
12-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

I am glad that people remember me. Unfortunately Pickle seems to be going downhill the past few days, as he hasnt been eating properly (he is still eating, he wont touch his biccies that's all. He is eating his meat however). If he doesnt perk up soon then I will take him to the vet Tuesday.

I have had 4 FIV kitties including the 3 that I have had. To me they are no different from other kitties, apart from vaccinations (and with Pickle until recently) they havent been to the vet. I am an ex Cats Protection volunteer, so I met plenty of FIVs (our branch seems to get plenty of them), and taking on the hard to rehome ones is something as a volunteer you tend to take on if that makes sense.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #7

Good to see you again, sorry Pickle isnt so well. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #8

I remember you too, welcome back. I don't post very often, but pop in here most days I think you are an angel to take in these FIV's. Sorry to hear Pickle isn't so good xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #9

Sorry to hear about Pickle. Fingers crossed for him.