Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #1

Worming kittens

i was wondering how often kittens need to be wormed? im sure i read that they should be done every 2 weeks until they turn 12 weeks old? im pretty sure they were only done once before they came to me-i done them the day after i got them, which means its been about 3 weeks since they were done.

The thing is, when i took them for their first vaccination last week the vet said they wouldnt need to be done again until next week? that just doesnt sound right to me. shall i just start worming them again tonight?(its the panacur powder that i have to give for 3 nights)

after they turn 12 weeks old(which is next week) how often will they need worming then?

i know i know-worrying again

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
08-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #2

Re: Worming kittens

My Vet gave me free worming tablets (and does to everyone with a puppy or kitten). A quarter of the tablet is to be given to the kitten every two weeks until he is 6 months old.

Ive never used Panacur, so you would probably be best asking the Vet (again!!) Does the packaging give any directions?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
08-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #3

The panacur only says how often to use it for puppies it has directions on how to give it to kittens(for three days etc) but doesnt actually say how often. might give the vet a ring tomorrow then! think il ask for the tablet next time

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
08-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #4

Why are directions called directions because its not very often that they actually help?!

I hope the Vet can help you tomorrow!