Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #11

Re: PEbbles has diarrhea again

Yeah, thats what my friends always tell me!! I have had a lot of 'me' time with it being my birthday though, have eaten out 3 nights in a row so far, so already felt guilty about tonight, but it is a baby shower for my friend who is 8 months pregnant, so can't really not go, esp as I will be godmum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #12

You can never have enough 'me time' BT, especially when things are stressful. Go, enjoy and drool over baby things, lol! Just dont bring back stories of how cute and tiny things were, 'cause I don't want to get broody!

Almost a Veteran Member

04-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #13

I'll have to take your word on that - i was supposed to be doing loads of housework today, but now she is in the vets, I am on here instead!! Must go soon and spend more time with Shadow though, as I will be going out in 3 hours. I wont be drooling, I dont like babies - and haven't got my friend anything yet!!

Almost a Veteran Member

04-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #14

Well, emergency vets have just rang and all the tests have come back now, and everything is unremarkable - typical Pebbles!! The x-rays showed some normalish faeces in her colon, so they are going to wait and see what she passes before doing any treatment, but she is on a drip - he said her intestines could be slightly thick, but they can't tell for certain yet. I can ring later tonight for an update, as he doesn't think anything major will happen till then. If what she next passes is still runny, they will be running tests on it.

Almost a Veteran Member

05-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #15

Last nights updte: Just spoken to the vet, and she has passed normal stools - although in her bed rather than the tray!! So, their first question was do I have more than one cat!! I said yes, but I watched her go this morning (sad of me, I know!!), so it couldn't have come from anyone else. They are now wondering if it is something more like a food intolerance, but unless she has suddenly developed an allergy to either meat or fish, nothing much has changed - the treats were introduced well before this flare up, as I am on my second bag of them, the only other new food they have had is the stuff i had leftover from Ginger, but that was over a week before this all flared up. They have some blood left, so they are going to send it off for pancreatic testing just in case, but I dont think he is holding much out for that. They are testing her poo though, and are going to monitor her till tomorrow in case she does pass anymore diarrhea.
This mornings update: she is still on a drip, not passed any diarrhea yet, so they are going to try and feed her a little to see what happens, as they dont want to give her any meds till they know what is giong on. They are not sure when she can come home yet, I will ring just after lunch, and if they dont think she will be coming home today, I will pop over and see her.

Almost a Veteran Member

05-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #16

Spoke to the vets again, she is eating and no diarrhea, but they still want to keep her overnight again. Am going to see her in a bit.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #17

That's good news BT, I hope the progress continues ........give her a cuddle from me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #18

Thinking of you and Pebbles BT. Hope the news is good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #19

Fingers crossed for Pebbles desley xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

05-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #20

She was pleased to see me, bless her. She has her front right leg completely bandaged up with the drip, so moving isn't easy - and when she had a wee, she had to sit down, cos she couldn't balance enough, poor thing. Glad it is them having to wash her down rather than me though!! She has actually put a slight amount of weight on despite all this!! I have to ring mid morning, and hopefully they will be able to tell me when she can come home.