Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
28-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #1

PEbbles has diarrhea again

She was only at the vet on Thurs as her third eyelids still werent right, but the vet couldn't find anything wrong with her, and said to just feed her what her stomach will tolerate - the only things she has had today is RC sensitivity, 2 Natures Menu treats and a very small amount of dry food. She has been eating the dry all week with no probs. No sign of dehydration though, so will montior her fluids and toilet till Mon, and ring the vet back to see if she wants to see her again - Pebbles is running very low on tolerance at the vets!!! Fortunately, I forgot to take the insurance form up on Thurs, I do hope today's was a one off though. I might push for blood tests next week, the vet said on Thurs she didn't see any reason for them, but i am not sure now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #2

Re: PEbbles has diarrhea again

BT, you have my utter sympathies on this. There is nothing worse than this constant problem with the runs. I hopw you have more luck than I seem to be having with Teddy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #3

((((((hugs)))))) x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #4

Maybe a poo sample would be an idea for Pebbles and you too Desley. I am very sorry to hear that Pebbles is still not doing so well and hope you can find a solution too. xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

29-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #5

Yeah, will ask about that. I can't believe this has flared up again, esp not 2 days after a vet visit!!

Almost a Veteran Member

30-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #6

Gave her purely HiLife yesterday, and have had no more diarrhea. So, think I will have to stick to that - although I find it odd that RC sensitivity flared her up - although it took days for her stomach to be fine while on it. So, means I have all 4 all on different food, what joy!!

Almost a Veteran Member

04-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #7

She had a bit of diarrhea on Thurs, so gave her chicken for her brekkie yesterday. Got home last night, and she had a gunky eye, and no interest in getting off the bed, and seemed dehydrated, so rang the vets to book her in for this morning. The vets recommendation was taking her to the emergency vets to be put on a drip for a couple of days as she was bout 5% dehydrated, but all he could feel was a slight thickening of the small intestine, and very kindly offered to take her over for me. The emergency vets have just rang, they quickly found out how uncooperative she was, and had put it down to the journey, so i told him that was normal behavour, they are going to give her a slight sedation so they can properly examine her, put her on a drip (I did warn them about her attacking when taken off last time), take bloods, try and get a fecal sample and also do an abdominal x-ray. Both vets have said that with her age, it is a worry in case of anything serious due to the length of time, so am feeling rather emotional again. Insurance company are going to love me, I only received the claim for the nose treatment this morning, and I imagine the claim for this diarrhea is going to be close to £200.

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #8

oh BT. I can imagine how you are feeling just now. Hopefully they find the underlying cause of it all this time and can get her started on treatment. ((((hugs))))

Almost a Veteran Member

04-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #9

Thanks - I am supposed to be out tonight, but going out is the last thing I want to do!! But, can't let my friend down. I just hope the blood tests dont show anything really bad - he said they shoudl be back late afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #10

Sometimes we just need to take a break from everything for a while. Go out with your friend and have a good time. It wont hurt Pebbles any, and will give you some much needed you time!