Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Sunflower Sunday

Well tried to come up with a cat breed and no matter how hard I tried I could notso here we are Sunflower Sunday............. ...so decided to as the title suggest go with flowers.

Anyhow beautiful morning here almost a winter morn as it is crisp out and yet sunshine. The sort that shows up your windows are dirty. its also the sort of day I could do the garden however I am sticking to plan and decorating the bedroom well wallpapering.

Took Sal out this morning and could happily of been out all day, and could easily of course gone on the ramble to Warwick. however decorating cannot carry on with a disaster of a bedroom anylonger need to get organised. Seems to be upsetting my balance having stuff all over.

Anyhow have a good day all whatever you decide to do.

P.S. If I get chance may clean the windows a bit later need to do it before I put the heavy winter nets and curtains up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Sunflower Sunday

Morning Kazz, we've not been out with Morgan yet, we slept in today and have only just finished breakfast!

No Sunday paper delivered today so OH is going to go out in a minute and see what's happened to it, well once he gets washed and dressed that is! Yesterday I was complaining of a sore throat and it's really awful this morning, can hardly speak, glands all swollen and my throat all scratchy (toast didn't help!)

Lazy Sunday round here, hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #3

(I like the flower theme!)

Hi Kazz, MrsH! Been sloe gathering this morning and then a walk with Monty. First for over a week for me as my breathing has been poor but seems to be a bit better today. I did struggle on the walk but only had to have two sit downs and numerous stops! Got some sweet chestnuts too.

Washing and weighing the sloes this afternoon and then putting them in the freezer for a bit.

I also need to get out into the greenhouse and collect the last of the tomatoes. Very sad, the cropping started much later than normal - the first trusses were useless but those after have been fine. Still got some green ones, but not many thanks to this latest bit of sunshine.

You sound very busy Kazz - I bet you'd agree with my mum's motto which was "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today" - a good thought if you don't overdo it though.

Sorry your throat is bad MrsH - do hope it gets easier soon.

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

Hello all!
I've been away for a while again, I'm back at work now and finding it very tiring doing 40-45 hrs again but Erin is settling really well into her nursery which helps.
My iron levels have dropped very low again which meant I had a migraine that lasted about 10 days-not very nice as I still had to work but I'm getting on top of it now with lots of supplements.
I can't believe Erin is nearly a year old and is almost walking Plans are afoot for her birthday party and I'm going to attempt to bake her a cake.

Today I've been cooking lots of batches of food to freeze for Erin's lunches while I'm at work and we've been out with Darcy. Although Erin is about 11kg, I can still carry her on my back quite easily which makes walks good fun! She loves all the other dogs although she doesn't quite understand why they won't all play!
Hope all people and cats are well.

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #5

Hi friends! Really nippy here this morning, was 6℃ (42℉) when I got up! With the brilliant sunshine now at near 10:45 am it's up to 12℃ (53℉) and windless, but far from a Summer day! Heat on, has been for several days now. Down for mail (bills!!) and grass, to the greenhouse to check on my plants there. The night blooming cereus has dropped the bud..... annoying.
All quiet as usual, just took the trout out of the freezer to defrost for dinner tonight.

MrsH, sorry your throat is bad, and PL, that you've had that nasty migraine. Hard to believe Erin is that old! Kazz, busy as ever; I do envy you all that energy. Angie, where do you pick the sloes, do they grow in/along the woods?

Be nice to yourself today!

PS - love the flower idea too!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #6

evening everyone, had a busy day today. Had toi drop my car off to my sister to use this week as her car is goosed. Not sure if it can be fixed so she has a loan of mine for teh next week. Went to some aquarium shops today to have a wee look. Ended up getting a couple of fish aswell. Just home and relaxing with back to the future part 3 and some dinner )

Hope you all have a nice night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
evening everyone, had a busy day today. Had toi drop my car off to my sister to use this week as her car is goosed. Not sure if it can be fixed so she has a loan of mine for teh next week. Went to some aquarium shops today to have a wee look. Ended up getting a couple of fish aswell. Just home and relaxing with back to the future part 3 and some dinner )

Hope you all have a nice night

Oh what fish did you get?

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #8

we just got some baby corys and glowlights. do you have fish aswell kazz?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #9

Aquarium pics, Pamela?

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #10

i will try eileen. I have 2 tanks. a 2.5ft and a 4ft