Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #1

Saturday :)

Hy everyone

Hope you are all having a great saturday. Ours has gotten off to a busy start getting shopping for OH's nana and her friend. Heading to the gym shortly to get a personal training program card made up so i know what exercises to do to get the most out of the gym. After that, we are heading out for a while, going for a drive somewhere to chill then off to my mums for an hour or so. Its all go in te Fisher/McFarlane household today!!

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #2

Re: Saturday :)

Hi Pamela, certainly sounds a busy day for you! Nothing exceptional planned down here for today. Soup for lunch is chugging away on the hob and we're watching the qualifying session for the Turkey gran prix on the tv. A bit of ironing later on this afternoon, that's about it!

Oh yes, it rained last night so the water barrels are looking a bit fuller now. more rain due this afternoon I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #3

Hi Pamela, MrsH. Yes, sounds like a busy day for you pamela. Your soup sounds tempting MrsH - what sort is it?

We had torrential rain around 8.00 this morning. I've yet to check the water butts and hope that they are filling up nicely. More rain to come here too. Not as warm as was forecast. Have to keep an eye on the greenhouse - this is the sort of damp weather that breeds nasties.

We have found out this morning that Monty doesn't like the rain .... it's not the wet ground but things falling on his head he doesn't like. So he went out with OH and an umbrella this morning and then promptly came back in and crapped on the sitting room carpet. Bad dog.

Kizzy and Pip have been in and out - they don't care at all if it's raining. Mad cats!!!

I have been giving the kitchen a good clean. Haven't used any chemicals that are too bad, but I now have a bit of a sore throat and my voice has gone squeaky, so just having a break and a cup of tea before finishing off. Will do the floor tomorrow I think!

Sending positive healing vibes to Eileen and wishing her back home soon so she can join us here again.

Enjoy your weekend peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Angie- it's vegetable soup, it's always bloomin' vegetable soup I started making it when my gallbladder started playing up, it's filling and fat-free and it's now become our standard lunch. It's always slightly different each time I make it, depending on what veggies I happen to have in the house and what stock I fancy using. OH doesn't mind what he eats, it's all just fuel to him and it saves having to work out what I can safely eat. I make a huge amount, 3-4 meal's worth at a time and store it in the fridge till needed.

Poor Monty, making him go out in the rain! most dogs as puppies are like this, you just have to wait out there with them until they perform I remember one night I was out in sleet with Morgan who kept sticking his head through the cat-flap wanting to be in, but I was equally determined, even though it took 45 minutes in the end and I was frozen stiff

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #5

Hey all... So, I've had a busyish day of it so far - up at normal time, church morning, then off to a friends house for a few hours after lunch... Now I'm home and get to chill...

I love vegetable soup MrsH - at least of the lentil and similar kinds!!!

Angie... the friend I went to see today has Clouds brother, and he's the same... mind he's the cat who jumps into baths full of water, and the only way to get him out is to pull out the plug, and he'll submit only when it's completely empty again!!!

Hope your busy day goes well Pamela... McFarlane? One of the guys I work with is a McFarlane. Probably no relation, cause anyone with a Mc/Mac name is likely to come across any number people who share the same name as them, but...

Fisher the same of course... my Mum's maiden name is Fisher...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #6

This is spooky - my maternal grandmother's maiden name was Fisher ................ her family came from the Suffolk area.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #7

hey all, early start for me. had to take rattie back to the vets this morning, her breathing was panicky last night so she got a diuretic inj and powder to sprinkle on her food, she looks and sounds a bit better than she did last night. popped down the street for a few bits and bobs and ended up going into my work to help them lol. stayed for about 45 mins just put the order away as its just as chaotic as it was last week and i felt bad. starting to rain quite bad here now has stayed dry most of the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
07-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #8

Afternoon
Hope Rattie is feeling better Lynz, Hope Monty didnt get told off too much Angie not really funny though is it I suppose.
I too love making vegetable soup Mrs H, I blended my last one (which I dont normally do) mmmmmmmmm I was impressed...OH likes it chunky though.
I have just made spinach and ricotta canneloni and popped that in the oven...first time I've made this so hope its good.
I have recently discovered that I am wheat intolerant so its wheat free too. I'm vegetarian and it makes life a bit difficult because most vegetarian things contain wheat (for binding and filling purposes) suppose its making me go back to basics though and I do love cooking.